Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lotta people gettin monday off for juneteenth in the states

I've got a new motorbike battery coming in and am gonna try to get the supermoto going again, it slept all winter.

Chat about your weekend and what you're going to do. It better not involve work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
gonna go visit a buddy i haven't seen in person since 02/20. got a birthday present for him:

should be a fun weekend!11

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks for the thread rotor.

more trees to cut this weekend. although it might rain. joy.

game pass is down to a buck for three months, so that’s something unproductive I can do with my weekend I suppose.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just over an hour left working. I’m going to do laundry later

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just mainlining covid symptoms 🥳

I look forward to battery tales

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
op isnt rotor this thread is an impostor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

op isnt rotor this thread is an impostor

i'm older than rotor was when he started first posting here. ergo, i am actually the super-rotor.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have monday off, might do a long stupid city hike I've been wanting to do for a while

in the meantime I have to do a bunch of hoa paperwork to get ductless installed in my sisters apartment

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

My weekend is delayed until I can finish writing my annual performance evaluation. I put it off for way too long and it's due today. So I have to write a bunch of words about how I exceeded expectations for a dozen different skill areas instead of just being able to say "the clients keep hiring me and they keep begging me to work more billable hours (including next week, where they've got me working on the holiday so I get to bill even more)".

Have a potluck scheduled with friends for Saturday night. The host of which just let us all know that she had contact with someone who tested positive for covid. She was in a conference room with the person Wednesday. They tested positive yesterday afternoon. She has tested negative as of this afternoon. We're all deciding if we want to reschedule.

Other than that, my physics professor was nice enough to release next week's exam a few days early. It's six questions, covering the 5 chapters we studied over the last two weeks. I'll likely cram and try to do it Sunday night, so that it'll be out of the way and my time next week will be open.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
took Friday off for the four day weekend power

I had some delightful french toast and bought a roomba because things that dads like, like robots, were on sale at costco.

going to go wear a loud shirt and shorts and have some cocktails in the patio of a gay bar.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm halfway through my laundry already

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm older than rotor was when he started first posting here

impossible i say

lol anyway i'm not doing much this weekend. wife quit a lovely job that she hated on wednesday so we're just gonna do nothing for a bit

it's too goddamn hot to go out, so might as well

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i forgot monday's a holiday and now i'm super annoyed and sour that our job isn't observing it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now that I work in a mall there’s literally two days of the year we’re definitely closed

it was nice having weekends and public holidays while they lasted

but you get paid time and a half for working a public holiday and still get to take the day off at a later date so it ain’t all bad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i got a nail in my tire and had it patched today so i might get a basic wash and detail my car. it's a bog standard sedan but it's nice to zone out in warm weather. it's a good chance to spot all the chips from rocks, too

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm halfway through my laundry already

ooo, yeah, i'm gonna start that now. ty for the reminder!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I hurt my neck head banging to Arsis with the kids

10/10 would do again

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i took today off so it's all been the weekend for me so i forgot about the thread until just now, I endorse this thread as the Official Weekend Thread and grant Jonny290 the rank of Weekend Deputy, with all the privileges and responsibilities of that rank.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

weekend status: goin out for maybe crabs or maybe french food idk

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

French crabs.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[img-crab-with-scissors]

le morte du crabbe

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
wife has a thousand things planned for saturday including brunch with her aunt that i’m dreading. a least there’s no plans for sunday so i can drink beer and watch baseball, maybe get a nice hammock nap in god willing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im still not home from a work trip

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just me, the cat, and the usual frustrating mix of loneliness & anxiety

normal weekend, really

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post the cat ciaphas

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HamAdams posted:

wife has a thousand things planned for saturday including brunch with her aunt that i’m dreading. a least there’s no plans for sunday so i can drink beer and watch baseball, maybe get a nice hammock nap in god willing

is she hot

the aunt i mean

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

just me, the cat, and the usual frustrating mix of loneliness & anxiety

normal weekend, really

hey if you want to hang out i will drive up and we can have some sandwiches in a park or your yard or whatever

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thanks for the thread rotor

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
gonna go to a hipster steakhouse that usually has cuts i've never heard of tomorrow night. haven't been since precovid. should be a blast!

e: They have a chalkboard and when you order something they put a line thru it so no one else can have it and it's super satisfying watching that happen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

thanks for the thread rotor

wow you're now a double enemy for life and no i wont tell you what the first thing was, figure it out yourself

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

wow this is the best weekend thread yet! thanks rotor!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

wow this is the best weekend thread yet! thanks rotor!!

me, throwing you into a pit full of hangry rats

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i deserve this

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Jonny 290 posted:

is she hot

the aunt i mean

if religious old ladies are your jam, then sure

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

i went to the pool for men instead and ran into someone haven’t seen since before the pandemic, we went out for white castles and talked about weird tech poo poo until two am.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the people you bump into at the man pool.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

is the pool for men like those old timey saunas or bath houses or whatever they’re called

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

genuine question that you can ignore if you’d like, I didn’t know those were still a thing being honest

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is the pool for men like those old timey saunas or bath houses or whatever they’re called

the water park for men is indeed the gay bathhouse

most cities of note have one or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ah, the ol' sausage steamer