Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ooh what are you getting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

sunday is my birthday

hows turning 30 feel?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

just had a mcnugget for the first time. kind of flavourless tbh

they're also depressingly expensive

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just finished cleaning up my 80s receiver, now i dont have to jiggle the buttons to get the connections right. old audio/radio stuff owns. probably gonna end up putting the system out in the garage once i have ventilation/insulation figured out so it's not so drat hot out there all the time

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Moo Cowabunga posted:

yep. that’s why they usually ship them in sugar sauce , which they give a variety of names for, such as “bbq”, “sweet and sour”, etc.

gotta dunk those nugs.

honey is the best mcnug sauce imo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

honey is the best mcnug sauce imo

correct take

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got bored figured i'd poke at the supermoto today. figured i was in for a whale of a cleanup

rode hard, put away wet around august last

sat over winter with old gas. zero winterization

find keys, throw charger on for 30 mins

starts on third crank

drz400sm - for when you absolutely must have a running motorcycle until the end of time

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lmao I have to admit, i've only had white castle like twice in my life, but i've eaten a lot of krystals (southern white castle), and you get those in a bag so I just assumed white castle did the same

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

came back from hike, promptly made lunch and choked on a slice of green onion

an allegory for something, i'm sure

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

lmao I have to admit, i've only had white castle like twice in my life, but i've eaten a lot of krystals (southern white castle), and you get those in a bag so I just assumed white castle did the same

oh they do. they also sell 30-pack "crave cases" - i was being gluttonous, not actually correcting you. reasonable (and even unreasonable) amounts of white castles come in bags

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

oh they do. they also sell 30-pack "crave cases" - i was being gluttonous, not actually correcting you. reasonable (and even unreasonable) amounts of white castles come in bags

i didnt know they were made with canadian milk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

uh oh took a late afternoon nap! woke up tired but in a good mood and in time for a beautiful evening

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Agile Vector posted:

uh oh took a late afternoon nap! woke up tired but in a good mood and in time for a beautiful evening

i took a nap before and now it's like 60° out. wtf

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it was high 80s low 90s all week and today it was fuckin 68 and it’s currently 48 outside

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

internet pole is concreted in

what a beaut

its got a little wobble on account of being a 2" diam metal pole, which probably isn't great for keeping steady signal when its windy. but nothing some guy lines can't help with later

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nice pole.

I have a similar pole with a relay on it. depending on what gear you got, I’ve found that the gear has been very forgiving in the wind. and we’ve had a lot of wind recently.

although the wind has been causing power cuts so I guess the wind hasn’t been that forgiving.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was high 80s low 90s all week and today it was fuckin 68 and it’s currently 48 outside

yeah it rules. can't wait for fall

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Moo Cowabunga posted:

nice pole.

I have a similar pole with a relay on it. depending on what gear you got, I’ve found that the gear has been very forgiving in the wind. and we’ve had a lot of wind recently.

although the wind has been causing power cuts so I guess the wind hasn’t been that forgiving.

oh cool that's good to know

i didn't know whether the ability for the pole to wobble when i grab it and pull it around would necessarily also mean that it'd do the same in wind

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

yeah it rules. can't wait for fall

I can!!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

wow this is straight bullshit

someone has stolen your summer

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Progressive JPEG posted:

oh cool that's good to know

i didn't know whether the ability for the pole to wobble when i grab it and pull it around would necessarily also mean that it'd do the same in wind

I’ve found the software is good (!) at telling me when the antennas are not aligned. that’s only happened once. and that was thanks to a cow who had an itch…

and I am the laziest man. I hate digging holes. one of my relay poles is literally just a broom stick nailed to a wall and it’s been there happily for 8 years now.

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 19, 2022

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
slept 12 hours from crave clutch sequelae. do not recommend.
do not eat the white castle. for external use only.

today i'm going to do some house chores and go have board games and sunday dinner with gays at noon. i'm brining strudel, and will probably pick up some vanilla ice cream or custard on the way over.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Raluek posted:

its 58 now :argh:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

ooh what are you getting

aprillia tuareg 660. i had put a deposit down on a tenere but i doubt it will be in anytime soon. my buddy was buying an rs660 and hit me up saying this dealer has a bunch of tuareg's in you should take a look. it's coming out to 1300 more expensive than the tenere so honestly not a huge price difference.

the tuareg has the stiffer more adjustable suspension and tubeless tires. so that to me is worth the price difference.

i'm really excited. first time i'm back in the saddle since 2011.

i am prepared for some italian reliability issues.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

dad biking

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
This morning I’m relaxing on the patio. Took last week off, so today I’m getting myself ready to go back.

Had a good week off. Went out every morning either hiking or biking. Checked out a bunch of new parks and places. Saw some new birds, watched the eagles for a while. Took some pictures. Fixed a bunch of pidly poo poo around the house.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Oh it’s Father’s Day so I’m gonna go call my dad.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

tk posted:

Had a good week off. Went out every morning either hiking or biking. Checked out a bunch of new parks and places. Saw some new birds, watched the eagles for a while. Took some pictures. Fixed a bunch of pidly poo poo around the house.
i was at the beach yesterday and saw a northern gannet:

fairly big for a sea bird, was fun watching the handsome devil dive for fish. never seen one despite living in the region for 35+ years of my life

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I don’t like the gannet. They wet their nests.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Raluek posted:

well it definitely stole my Father’s Day weekend

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

speaking of does anyone else have a long weekend for Juneteenth?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

speaking of does anyone else have a long weekend for Juneteenth?

the institution i serve does not yet recognize Juneteenth as a "day off" level holiday

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

the institution i serve does not yet recognize Juneteenth as a "day off" level holiday

sounds like you're the one getting served imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

sunday is my birthday

since it is now sunday, happy birthday man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this bike is extremely dad i'm super excited for you friend! HAVE YOU SEEN LONG WAY ROUND YOU SHOULD SEE LONG WAY ROUND I LOVE LONG WAY ROUND

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
happy birthday fart simpson

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s Monday morning. time to get up and go to work. thanks weekend.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted: