Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

this bike is extremely dad i'm super excited for you friend! HAVE YOU SEEN LONG WAY ROUND YOU SHOULD SEE LONG WAY ROUND I LOVE LONG WAY ROUND

yeah wife and i watched it last year. definitely got the idea to get back on a bike tingling in my brain. apparently it did for a lot of people because the shop had a little section with LONG WAY UP GEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, it's a meme to make fun of dad types that buy a KTM or a kitted out Africa Twin after seeing it, but you know what, if they are having fun and riding safely and seeing cool things out on the dirt roads, it's a bless.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

speaking of does anyone else have a long weekend for Juneteenth?
my new job has two "floating holidays" and in the future I intend to mark Juneteenth as one of them, provided it falls on a weekday

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

my new job has two "floating holidays" and in the future I intend to mark Juneteenth as one of them, provided it falls on a weekday

:hellyeah:

we took the kids swimming today, and my oldest figure out floating and paddling around on her own and then didn’t get out of the water for about 3h. she’s probably going to collapse in by 8p and sleep in tomorrow :3:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

speaking of does anyone else have a long weekend for Juneteenth?

Technically yes, actually no. (My employer recognizes it and is taking the day off. One of the clients they have me contracting for does as well, but the other one doesn't. So I'll be expected to show up and do 4 billable hours for them that day.)

Also, friend group all tested negative for COVID yesterday, so we went ahead and had our potluck. Very good times, though there is a very clear division that is starting to show up in the group between the folks who have (or are about to have) kids and those of us who aren't. At one point in the night the living room was basically two separate circles; with one giving advise to/answering questions from a friend who was pregnant and the other talking about our weird art project shenanigans.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend is about over.. see you fellows in the cjs thread tomorrow

until the next weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
excellent thread have a good one folks