Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I mean, also the game lets you freely choose between gender. Which is nice from a stat perspective, but really could have been executed in a non bio truths way.

Enjoying the crap out of this game otherwise, but that part is definitely annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Finally beat the ultimate boss and got all the achievements. The very final boss was tough until I got the Warlock ultimate armor, which lets you use unlimited Dualcast, and after several Summons got them to critical and my Valhalla/Hunter getting Banished, my Warlock used his 400+MP to slowly chip away the rest of them in one turn to the point where Burn damage would finish them off.

What a game! Probably my GotY so far, I'd love to do some challenges at some point, among other things. Definitely gonna take a break for now though!

This game has been cool, but I had to adjust some settings because I wanted a cool game I could dock around in and suddenly stuff is trashing me. Though I will say that preparation is key and you can’t just tackle things using whatever makeup you have. Lots of bosses kick my rear end and I’ve had to go back, shuffle the party around, and come back with new guns a blazing and it’s worked.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

The owl bear is a dick, but it also definitely sets the tone for the rest of the game, so grind out a level or two and some class abilities and come back with a strategy and it’ll go down easy.

Unless you’re on easy or have a bunch of custom settings the fights are gonna get more challenging and a general strategy is going to be required

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Well I guess I’m buying this a second time.