Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i wonder if this game would support a four job fiesta approach? i doubt all of the optional endgame bosses would be possible in every configuration, but the main plot would probably be just on the inside edge of reasonable with most job combinations. It'd be nice to have an option to start with all jobs unlocked for this purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
having gender based stat differences is bad, but having a gender clinic that you can inadvertently fall into from the chimney is good, so i'm willing to call it a wash

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
official randomizer support. my god

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

nrook posted:

I'm pretty deep into what I guess I'd call "postgame" (that is, stuff that expects the player to be level capped, and probably to be done after they've seen the credits). I'm about ready to put the game down, not that I can blame it for having lots of bonus content. Is there anything particularly cool I should check out before I do? I did beat Spirit Cage, who was brutal. (All hail the Scholar's MP Sickle spell; I had no idea how to take it down honestly.)

the megaboss is accessed by clearing all four ocean bosses, if you haven't done that yet. I don't remember where the portal spawns exactly once the conditions are met, but i assume somebody's written a guide that pinpoints it by now.

you should also find your way to the giant cube at some point, that dungeon's fun

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gawr Gooner posted:

Haven't played for a while since it's on my backup mini PC (are there cloud saves?) but is the timing for jumps / mount swaps going up the tree really tight or what? Is there anything that makes it easier?

if you're willing to look up a guide and spend a few hours chocobo breeding/racing, you'll unlock the gold chocobo that handles all of swimming, flying, super speed, and high jumps on its own. no more mount swaps needed