Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How did I just learn of this a few hours ago this game owns.

Bouncing around with my little JRPG Ladies squad, cleared a main dungeon to get a new job and a minidungeon. The job system looks great, and the combat is really good. Also it's just the perfect PS1 aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK I've found one Gripe.

Scholar spell learning is fixed to each character. This is a downgrade from its inspiration in Blue Mage, especially since the class seems heavily support based with all the spells I've seen thus far being support.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It specially says you learn Scholar spells when an enemy casts them

Also lol the FFXI influence in this game is clear Red Mage Warlock gets MP Refresh

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

men get 100 HP and... I think strength? and then women get something and speed so obviously I was all-woman

Males get a slight boost to HP, Healing Power and Luck.

Females get slight boost to MP, Accuracy/Evasion, and Speed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just unlocked Reaper. It looks cool and a fun way to play a tank, building up HP and lifestealing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's beautiful