Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Your demo save carries over to the final game, too!

(game's good I 100%'d it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, speaking of combat being broken, what's the deal with the "prevent all fire damage for 3 turns" spell? The Steam forums were acting like it was the most broken thing in existence but I didn't see any way to en-fire the enemies' hits.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The 7th Guest posted:

I just got the skeleton key so I’m curious to find a good place to use it (I have a place in mind, I’m just not sure if it’s a one use key)
It is not a one-use key, it will work on any door that can be opened by any other key.

...that said, I only used it once, because there's only one door I hadn't found the key for at that point (it's a huge troll that a NPC appears and says "drat, someone already got in there" and gives you the key, but only after you go in)

e: Life and Earth were both mega-difficult for me compared to the other ones, Lightning/Wind are the best two to get to use on the others

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shoutouts to the Dream Eater bow, nerfed into uniqueness because having four of them was way too stupid

(hell, having one of them makes the Sky Arena trivial, so it's still got its main use)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Pepper posted:

OK I've found one Gripe.

Scholar spell learning is fixed to each character. This is a downgrade from its inspiration in Blue Mage, especially since the class seems heavily support based with all the spells I've seen thus far being support.
It's really awkward, even if it does make the Learner's Pin an interesting item to have in the game.

And like the developer knows it's awkward because the 25 point Scholar passive is just "gently caress it, you don't have to be Scholar" and everything! It should definitely change.

(Aero's at least interesting as a damage spell with native variance, for the variance-heavy builds)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bussamove posted:

Oh hey I have the Ibex now I think I’ll check out that castl— oh god no.
I do actually wonder if those are killable that early, god knows I got in one fight and Gave Up on purpose.

also the give up menu option is an incredible innovation.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Whybird posted:

I'm playing through the demo and really liking the attitude of "just go wherever and find stuff, we're not gonna waste your time with a plot".

But at the same time... Seriously? :biotruths: in the stat blocks? In twenty twenty-loving-two?
you can change them at will with a npc in Sequoia Capital, so it's... well, it's still awful, my whole party was women so that they had more speed... but felt less bad, to me at least?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bloodly posted:

What's it saying?
men get 100 HP and... I think strength? and then women get something and speed so obviously I was all-woman

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, that's why it has berries next to it? I always vaguely wondered.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nice, I never figured out a good way to do that but was like "drat, if only I could do that"

didn't even think about Stalwart!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The General posted:

Looks like the demo is gone from Steam :negative:
You're not looking in the right place, it's on the right side in the sidebar:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saxophone posted:

Well I guess I’m buying this a second time.
:same:

was gonna try playing through with the "Final Fantasy Jobs" mod but instead I'm just going to play through on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, mount swaps is not the "intended" method to get there (but does work, it's all doable without Golden Quintar) which is why the timing is rough.