Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Just to make one clarification, some bosses ARE immune to certain status effects but it’ll tell you if you go their info page, even without using Track to reveal their stats.

I just got the skeleton key so I’m curious to find a good place to use it (I have a place in mind, I’m just not sure if it’s a one use key)

I’ve only unlocked two other summons so far, I think I just need to keep beefing up the party. Also I forgot where half the summon trees were lol (currently I get shreked by Life, Shadow, Storm, and Earth summons but maybe there’s easier fights)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

finished crystal project at the 50 hour mark! so, i tried to cheat past by the final boss by using assist mode to give me extra job points in battles so i could quickly adjust classes, forgetting that there's a respec building in the castle town. so i guess i didn't cheat so much as gave myself extra grinding work for the last couple of hours.

the big difference in the final fight was bringing a rogue in, just because the rogue's attacks are so devastating when he's bottom threat. nothing else i shifted about in the party (bringing back a chemist subclass for one character, learning warlock as another) made as big a difference. i actually forgot to switch my 4th party member's subclass from beatsmith to summoner and it didn't matter, i even used rhythm break a few times. atmosphear also helped to scatter targets but that was in my build coming into this already. just basically, relying on Weaver/Hunter to use Quick and stack damage, Rogue/Scholar to use their attacks when they were bottom threat as well as staggering sleep and casting atmosphear, and valkyrie/chemist & warlock/beatsmith as mixed offense/defense

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DoubleNegative posted:

I haven't bought the game yet, but I remember really liking the demo. Though there are some chests that I'm not sure how you're supposed to get them. Like the ones visible around the newbie zone that are way up on the super high ledges.
A couple you might not be able to get until you have an ability later to reach them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The General posted:

Now I just feel dumb. The last bunch of demos I've downloaded have had giant demo buttons.
i think the location of the demo button changes after a game is released. that isn't ALWAYS the case, but it's what I've seen the most often