Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Einwand posted:

Played through and beat it on hard awhile ago, it's a fun game overall even if the class balance is a bit wonk at places. Enemy damage also scales out of control lategame compared to defenses so a lot of it winds up being figuring out how to just not let the encounter do anything at all, including many random encounters not just bosses. Some of these issues might be alleviated by not playing on hard to be fair.
This was definitely an issue for me on normal as well. It makes sense in the later game when you have all kinds of disables and damage-prevention abilities, but even early and midgame encounters felt a bit overtuned. Not to the point of being impossible, but there were definitely a lot of cases of "this enemy needs to be disabled/killed now or you will immediately go into a death spiral." Especially since there are very few ways to actually revive in-battle.

That said, I still had a huge amount of fun with the game, and for a (basically) one-person passion project it is a goddamned achievement. Anyone who enjoyed FFV or games with similar systems should pick this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU