Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FWIW if any of you use Pluto TV, they have a channel that does nothing but show the original Japanese Iron Chef 24/7 (channel 603). I think you can also access it if you use the FilmRise app, either for mobile or streaming devices, since they bought the international rights to it earlier this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

precision posted:

holy poo poo! piss! thanks you
Any time :tipshat:

If you're unfamiliar with Pluto TV you can also just watch the channel lineup at their website, which is simply https://pluto.tv

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 21, 2022

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm working from home today and have been watching Iron chef on Pluto TV for the last 3.5 hours thanks to this thread. I loved this show as a kid, it's even better now because I'd actually eat the dishes they create.

As a kid, I watched it religiously with my mother during its run on The Food Network in the 90s. When Pluto announced they were going to start streaming it I apparently let out an audible gasp without even realizing it.

It's just the perfect balance of ridiculous and serious in a show.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I like the part where Jesus comes in to bless every meal and turns the 1 plate they made in an hour into 4.
don't you loving dare make fun of Chairman Kaga

A Fancy Hat posted:

The one downside is that some Japanese jokes or puns are translated literally, so they make no sense to us. Like the secret ingredient is octopus, and one judge asks if they might make "octopus tacos" and everyone starts laughing like crazy. Well it's because in Japanese he asked if they'd make "tako tacos", so it's a play on words.
They also have a tendency, and I wonder if this would have come from Fuji TV requests, to give younger women who appear on the show voices that make them sound like absolute airheads in the English dub.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 24, 2022