Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend is an American cooking show reboot of Iron Chef and Iron Chef America. Alton Brown returns to co-host the show with Kristen Kish, and Mark Dacascos again serves as The Chairman. Contestants challenge the Iron Chefs in a cookoff with a secret ingredient, and in this series, the highest scoring challenger battles with all five Iron Chefs one more time in hopes of becoming an Iron Legend. The series debuted on Netflix on June 15, 2022, for its first season of eight episodes.

----------------------

hell yeah! everyone knows that Alton Brown was the only good thing about any revival seasons that have been done, so this is probably the best we're ever gonna get aside from the OG show, which is not streaming anywhere but many episodes might be up on the tube of you :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
first episode was pretty good, the female co-host is actually great, she seems to be channeling the spirit of Fukui-san

there still is not any good substitute for Oda ):

the Chairman remains... goofy. at the end of episode 1 he makes a Shrek joke and then catches a football and starts running. it's... yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm on episode 4 and yeah, it's good

Alton and the co-host are both great, but they're both doing the role of Fukui-san, which is a weird dynamic. they deffo should have her do the Floor Reporter thing more

the production is a little too familiar, i hate that one judge who is always on cutthroat kitchen as well, the really basic woman who always says the most basic and dumb stuff :mad:

but yeah the iron chefs are great, Iron Chef French especially, she is ice cold

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Crazy Ted posted:

FWIW if any of you use Pluto TV, they have a channel that does nothing but show the original Japanese Iron Chef 24/7 (channel 603). I think you can also access it if you use the FilmRise app, either for mobile or streaming devices, since they bought the international rights to it earlier this year.

holy poo poo! piss! thanks you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i still want to get some big interview with the people who did the translation and the english dub, because holy crap is that some high level work that even major video games don't get right