Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I grew up in Massachusetts and I don’t think we had a single Red Lobster in the state. Because, you know, there’s like a billion local places serving actual good, fresh seafood. But we still got their advertisements on TV for some reason and I wanted to eat there so bad. Lobsterfest! Infinite shrimp! gently caress yeah!

Haha same. When I said that place looks good my dad just laughed. I think there actually is one on the cape, probably just so they can say they have one on the cape.

This will sound a bit pretentious but growing up in Mass and in an Italian-American family I was surprised to learn in college some people consider seafood unusual or special.

dino. posted:

Anyway. As I got older, I realised that the pasta I made at home somehow tasted better than Olive Garden.

Olive garden once infamously didn't salt their pasta water to get a better warranty on their pots and pans.

Ever wondered what it would be like if Italy had an equivalent to Olive Garden? A chain of restaurants promising an authentic, traditional American experience? Well wonder no longer:

https://www.oldwildwest.it/menu-old-wild-west-eng

Pekinduck fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

No way

That's awful.

The "Squaw Steak" is also :chloe: Italy lol

I do remember the first time I went to an actual fancy restaurant: "wtf I cant get the menu open. Oh, its just one sheet. Ok four options here, whats on the other side. Other side blank! They only have four things!? What kind of lazy-rear end restaurant is this?"

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Presumably it’s meant as a novelty for locals rather than an attraction for visiting Americans?

Yeah

mystes posted:

I like how someone was apparently like "I know, Americans might think 'Indians' would be bad so we'll say 'Indian People' because they prefer adding 'people' when talking about ethnic groups" but didn't know that Americans would find "Indian" in general or indeed, the entire premise of having different entrances with labels indicating they were for different racial groups, WTF levels of offensive (never mind the whole wild west theme feeling vaguely dubious to begin with)

To their slight credit I don't think the signs are designating entrances/spaces, they just have boards with random wild west phrases all over the place. American Wild West stuff is also like, a thing in Italy. There might not even be an English translation of this comic AFAIK:

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

dino. posted:

Oh gods, if we can also mention store bought food, Ferrero Rocher is up there.

With this drug store chocolate you are really spoiling uzzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P-nZZkQqTc

ahahaha I remember those ads, I figured they were too high class for me to ever cross paths with them. When I finally saw them in the wild on a gas station counter I was old enough to go "fuckers lied to me" :stare: