Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Red Rox posted:

I tried listening to No Dunks when I was desperate for basketball content to keep my mind busy during commuting, but I only lasted a couple weeks. It takes like 5 minutes just to get through the same stupid intros for everyone and they do that every single episode. And I found the Australian guy annoying cause he's Australian.

Oh yea I totally get that. I hated it for a few weeks but I had just started a new job during the pandemic with a 35 minute commute. And my job was cheese sales fulfillment on a goat ranch so I spent a lot of the day just packing cheese in boxes. Lovely place, gorgeous property, delicious cheese, friendly owners, and baby goats, but wicked boring half the time and I was fiending for b-ball content. I eventually grew to like them. They are incredibly consistent. The Australian was the most knowledgeable and is the one who just moved on. They have the formula down so pat that now they do F1, baseball, and even Survivor - yes the tv show - podcasts.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah you got it. I actually want to upgrade from from team to full with no ads but I can't figure out how.

I would just email support. They’ll be happy to take your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

Oh yea I totally get that. I hated it for a few weeks but I had just started a new job during the pandemic with a 35 minute commute. And my job was cheese sales fulfillment on a goat ranch so I spent a lot of the day just packing cheese in boxes. Lovely place, gorgeous property, delicious cheese, friendly owners, and baby goats, but wicked boring half the time and I was fiending for b-ball content. I eventually grew to like them. They are incredibly consistent. The Australian was the most knowledgeable and is the one who just moved on. They have the formula down so pat that now they do F1, baseball, and even Survivor - yes the tv show - podcasts.

Hey I cant eat cow dairy at all so I'm always looking for goat and sheep cheese hookups. How do I buy from these mfs. If they're good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4015152 Posted a GDT since no one else did

post away

check out tnt right now. adam silver has his transitions on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"we can't control the events that happened"(of me punching jordan poole in the face, it was just impossible to forsee or prevent, we must just move forward since it was completely unavoidable) -Draymond Green

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Draymond thing is crazy and Adam Silver's polarized lenses make him look like F.A.N.G.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Of course, Rick's Basketball Done Quick podcast is the best of them all..........

BWV posted:

QuickBoyz unite.

Thank you! You're the best.

Yes if you're looking for a show by someone who has no business doing a podcast and says some wild poo poo and babbles about movies half the time instead it's the show for you. It's almost always under 15 minutes which to me is a big plus. http://btwdq.com

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Dubs408/status/1582502671977627648

This is loving elite propaganda. I can't help but just respect the audacity.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Bill Russel thing TNT ran was fantastic.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Melanism/status/1582504690352214016

https://twitter.com/Dubs408/status/1582504144195112961

I love this sport.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ink is dry on the Poole contract, Dray can can him a bitch on national TV all he wants now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dexo posted:

this is an incredibly cynical stunt

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1582505815671308289

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://twitter.com/jimmweber/status/1582427271708966912?s=46&t=Mo9zs2-gjuTi8uXuxxn7QQ

Good for him

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

I sure am glad we've got this honest New Media stuff. It's so refreshing to hear some Real Truth for a change, compared to the spin of that broken Old Media machine.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

I've 180'd this is now the best thing anyones ever done in the NBA. Whoever shittalks and gets into fights never made a documentary casting themselves as a victim afterwards. That's only possible with New Media.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

big boi posted:

The Hoop Collective is surprisingly good. Not a lot of deep Xs and Os but a nice survey of the league from tolerable sportswriters.

The chemistry Tim Tim and Brian have is legit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Who_Remy/status/1582507149682319360

also lmao a shaq story I have never heard.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I hate Draymond probably more than anyone here but lmao this is truly amazing.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I’m crying LMAO

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/Who_Remy/status/1582507149682319360

also lmao a shaq story I have never heard.

really need to point out for everyone foolish enough to skip over this, the teammate that shaq choked unconscious is Gordan Giricek lmfao

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Shaq claims he's punched like 20 guys, but never once spun an incident into a multimedia self-promotion vehicle. The game truly has evolved.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aye Doc posted:

really need to point out for everyone foolish enough to skip over this, the teammate that shaq choked unconscious is Gordan Giricek lmfao

drat that's a name I haven't thought of in a long time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope Boston kills philadelphia tonight although I have no strong feelings either way. Just hoping for a smothering defense performance.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jalen Brown probably has like a 155 iq

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Fate Accomplice posted:

my only NBA dedicated podcast is the Lowe Post - if I'm going to add one more for the season, what should it be?

The Timeline and the Rickcast are the only good ball pods.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Green is functionally just a YouTuber at this point

Go to the suicide forest Dray

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

I will say their support is Labor and tilted me bad today and I'm sure I'm on their board now as a problem customer, although your thing should go smoothly. Just don't ever run into anything broken on their website.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Draymond mad about the leak because it’s just competing content with his all access video?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The Timeline and the Rickcast are the only good ball pods.

I'm glad I haven't chased you off with all my Chris Paul slander.

Bip Roberts posted:

Go to the suicide forest Dray

:pray:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

“Hey yo Poole. What if I punch you in practice. You’ll get paid big money to placate you and I get new media all access content. It’s win win”

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey I cant eat cow dairy at all so I'm always looking for goat and sheep cheese hookups. How do I buy from these mfs. If they're good

They do mostly cow and goat/cow blends but their pure goat cheese is awesome. Small place so limited selection. Basically a fresh chèvre or a firm aged one are their only options for you. If your lady or friends can have cow dairy I highly recommend the triple creme Big Sur.

Uhh I don’t have PMs and I guess I’m not too worried about doxxing but I’m gonna put their name in spoilers to make it take an extra step for any devious minds out there Stepladder Creamery

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

does buying league pass through a VPN to another country still work?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Apple Director of Product Vernon Maxwell could not be reached for comment at this time

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

They should be glad to lose their dumb assed phrase

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Chromatics posted:

does buying league pass through a VPN to another country still work?

The India one I used last year didn’t work this year in preseason so I can’t vouch for it this time

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I wound up paying for it normally but their app doesn't work

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Chromatics posted:

I wound up paying for it normally but their app doesn't work

Today;s games are on national TV

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lockback posted:

Today;s games are on national TV

oh right, when I used the international one they showed the TNT games through their app as well

makes sense

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
TNT games give you a few wonky camera angles, it’s not totally blacked out. From behind either backboard or focused on either team’s star. Or all 4 which is not toooooo bad. Also I’m not getting any announcers right now so that’s a big plus

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The Maestro posted:

The India one I used last year didn’t work this year in preseason so I can’t vouch for it this time

I did hear that the NBA was cracking down on VPN workarounds, or possibly I dreamt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

big boi posted:

I did hear that the NBA was cracking down on VPN workarounds, or possibly I dreamt it.

They started being real iffy with VPNs a few years ago. Nothing concrete but some people are got banned for using them and others had 0 issues.