Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-09/huy-fong-sriracha-shortage-production-halted-after-weather-ruins-chili-crop

I'm ordering my morale patch as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sriracha is very good on boneless fried chicken

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

AHH F/UGH posted:

Sriracha is very good on boneless fried chicken

Sriracha buffalo is a fantastic mix for hot wings.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

am I supposed to pronounce that first r or what

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Funny how all these "shortages" occur when democrats are in charge of America. It's almost like corporations(which are almost always run by genocidal psychopaths) are trying to sabotage the political party that at least tries to help minorities on the surface.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

am I supposed to pronounce that first r or what

its like sri lanka but with racha

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

amazingly i just stocked up with sambol and sriracha, gotta make it last i guess

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Right before Sriracha became "a thing" a buddy came to my apartment with some food and asked if I had any and I was like "do I have any loving what now?" Thanks for reading my Sriracha story.

Anyway, I can take it or leave it so I guess I'll be leaving if for a while.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Funny how all these "shortages" occur when democrats are in charge of America. It's almost like corporations(which are almost always run by genocidal psychopaths) are trying to sabotage the political party that at least tries to help minorities on the surface.

If only they controlled congress, the senate and the presidency to do something about that

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My favorite thing about sriracha is how most bottles have just been topped up and never cleaned and there's always some 7 year old sauce in the bottom.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Poohs Packin posted:

My favorite thing about sriracha is how most bottles have just been topped up and never cleaned and there's always some 7 year old sauce in the bottom.
its hot sauce. it doesnt go bad.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Sriracha caused me to have a dumbass autoban shortly after christmas.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3988999&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post520276227

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Valko posted:

Sriracha caused me to have a dumbass autoban shortly after christmas.

Lmao I remember that now

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm insanely glad some insane posters are trying to make a sad and savage sauce shortage political.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I probably won't OP because my participation would tip the balance in favor of whichever side I chose and I'm really hoping it drags on for awhile so I can feed off the drama and misery (I'm white, you see)

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm insanely glad some insane posters are trying to make a sad and savage sauce shortage political.

Reminder that fans of the lovely cartoon, Rick & Morty, started throwing shitfits at McDonald's to get them to bring back sriracha sauce because of a throwaway line.

Sriracha is serious loving business.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

satanic splash-back posted:

It’s all in Hillary’s bag dog

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Reminder that fans of the lovely cartoon, Rick & Morty, started throwing shitfits at McDonald's to get them to bring back sriracha sauce because of a throwaway line.

Wasn't it some sauce that was just two other sauces thrown together for the promo of Mulan? I'm 99% sure it wasn't Sriracha at all. McDonald's doesn't seem the sort to dally with hot sauce types.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

That was Szechuan sauce, not Sriracha

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like it

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm too lazy to look but wasn't Sriracha supposed to like, completely stop production a few years ago? Thinking like 10 years ago maybe?

I remember this huge hullabaloo about it and a bunch of people stocking up on it and then nothing ever happened besides them getting massive amounts of advertising.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Buce posted:

its like sri lanka but with racha

that dont make no sense

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Jelly posted:

I'm too lazy to look but wasn't Sriracha supposed to like, completely stop production a few years ago? Thinking like 10 years ago maybe?

I remember this huge hullabaloo about it and a bunch of people stocking up on it and then nothing ever happened besides them getting massive amounts of advertising.

I think they had to shut down and renovate one of their main factories a while back because it was belching out tons of capsaicin-infused air, basically tear gassing a nearby town. They're not gonna just stop making that poo poo though, it's way too popular.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Devils Affricate posted:

That was Szechuan sauce, not Sriracha

My mistake, the names are kind of similar enough to get mixed up.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Yaldabaoth posted:

Pls no.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Yaldabaoth posted:

also that was a completely different situation entirely except for the part where neither has anything to do with politics

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Because they both start with an S and are foreign right?

You used a scenario to support a conspiracy, then when it was pointed out you didn't even get the scenario down accurately you hand waved it as sounding close. Maybe, just maybe, and bear with me cause this is crazy, you should maybe not post conspiracy theories in a thread about hot sauce, you rambunctious little fellow.

Or make the conspiracy posts more entertaining and insane. That works too.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like this hot pepper situation is really... heating up

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Has anybody contacted Peter? Has he not been able to pick a peck?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I hear he's down to two pecks a day, just can't keep it up like he used to

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I have two bottles in reserve. I plan to barter with them for bullets in the post apocalypse

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
How many peppers do I need to make srereircha sauce? I have 2 srereichaer plants going in the pepper garden

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Sorry I only fight for Angry Communist Lady.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

interwhat posted:

How many peppers do I need to make srereircha sauce? I have 2 srereichaer plants going in the pepper garden

You will be the one eyed man in the land of the blind. Keeping control of Barter Town with your spicy fist.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Only the chili sauce with no sugar. CIVIL WAR.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

halokiller posted:

Sorry I only fight for Angry Communist Lady.

That just looks like a jar of red pepper flakes.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

syntaxfunction posted:

Or make the conspiracy posts more entertaining and insane. That works too.

They're not insane enough already? How unhinged has the world become?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Bloop posted:

I don't like it

It’s just okay. I wouldn’t fight in the Sriracha wars over it, though.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Jelly posted:

That just looks like a jar of red pepper flakes.

That stuff actually kicks rear end, and it's not as spicy as it looks. Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
gently caress sriracha, franks redhot 4 lyfe