Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Majorian posted:

Well look, you say that, but there's a lot of it going around:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1540355949365702656

Clearly Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are just really convincing liars.

I’m sure he’d be willing to eliminate the filibuster to fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They just introduced it today in the Senate with no scheduled date for a vote. They may not even vote because only 1 Republican is openly supporting it and they want to move on judges, reconciliation, and the bill to create an American semi-conductor manufacturing industry.

Keep an eye out for Durbin and Schumer to confirm if they will even vote on it either this week or next week.

Currently, 1 Republican is in support, 7 have no public position, 3 are "undecided," and 39 are publicly opposed. Not impossible to get 10 Republicans, but very unlikely.

Is Susan Collins one of the undecided?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
How in the HELL did we allow polio to come back?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1550213297751920643?s=20&t=U6lIZDR-WMAfcMGlUx-L3g

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1550181572724277251?s=20&t=U6lIZDR-WMAfcMGlUx-L3g

Like the link above says, I thought we eradicated it back in 1979.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Eradicated locally. We didn't eliminate it globally. People haven't been vaccinating for polio for a while if I recall correctly. Hopefully it doesn't become a thing again, but it seems unlikely.

I honestly thought it was eradicated globally back then. And after the last two years, anything is possible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's like the tech version of corn subsidies - it's not economically efficient, but we are going to really overpay for it in exchange for the ability to be mostly self-sufficient when it comes to corn/chips if global production was somehow halted or our access was restricted.

The USA - #1 in corn chips!!!!

:911:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The democrats have suddenly become competent and I’m worried about what screwup they’re building up to now

Obviously the Large Hadron Collider turning on slipped us into this new timeline where Democrats actually can get stuff done.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dr_rat posted:

Meme reference or not I'd watch the hell out of a movie based off armed IRS v 50,000 wild hogs. Like it would be basically impossible to make a movie about that and have it not be entertaining.

I.R.S.

Intentional
Reduction of
Swine

“Your audit is due, and I’ve got ALL THE RECEIPTS!”

Starring Paul Rudd as Irwin.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I prefer this pissed off Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Madkal posted:

I kind of wish Donny would have proven his statement by blurting out some some highly classified material on the show.
"Area 51 exists and these are the exact co-ordinates and there aren't any aliens there but we are developing weapons that would liquify peoples eyeballs using this technology some guy named Robert Jones, who lives in Manhattan, New York and likes to walk his dog around central park between the hours of 7 and 9 am every sunday, discovered. See, highly classified material that I just declassified it because I can. Easy as that. Also the code for the nuclear briefcase is 1111. See. Declassified"

You just know Trump reset that code to 12345.