Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

deSantis' competence is over-rated imo. He strikes me as this cycle's perry/walker/giuliani/rubio/Jeb! puffed up by the media to be inevitable and consensus chokes in like 2 seconds once the spotlight's on, his only real competitive race has been against a dude who had coke-fueled gay orgies in miami beach and was trading favors for hamilton tickets and he barely won. drat he wins by complaining about culture war issues in the old people capital of the world, what political acumen!

Yeah I really have trouble figuring out why people think DeSantis has anything going for him outside of Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

WaPo also has a really interesting and informative story about what the $80 billion going to the IRS in the IRA is for. It starts out with some pretty insane details that you may have already heard about. It then spirals into even crazier territory that you most likely haven't.

One of the main projects is upgrading to a computer system that allows for searching and doesn't require IRS employees to create paper copies of all tax returns and then enter them all manually by hand into the computer system.

Another is to digitize records so that the IRS cafeteria in Austin can reopen because it is currently being used to store paper copies of tax return records. Seriously.

Yeah stuff like this is why the Republicans are constantly screaming about "87,000 IRS Agents with GUNS", because they want to keep the average person from knowing and understanding just how dire the situation is in terms of the IRS' structural and staffing issues, to the point that people still haven't received their tax refunds from 2020.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

-Blackadder- posted:

McCarthy is one of the dumbest mutherfuckers in Congress.

All the smart R's kept their mouths shut because they knew this was coming and they didn't want to eat it. And now every dumbass that ran their dumb loving yap has this on them. All that energy and sympathy they had on their side. Boom. Republicans are shooting up FBI buildings. Hows that for a campaign talking point.

Just the dumbest mutherfuckers.

They'll probably try to blame it on "Antifa" as well, since that's literally their only move

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

We cannot allow a Polygon Gap!

In response the DoD announces a D-20 shaped building in order to gain the Initiative

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

some plague rats posted:

Are the names of FBI agents a secret?

A terrorist tried to shoot up an FBI building yesterday, that might be a reason for not wanting to publicly name FBI Agents involved in the investigation.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It should be important to note that Debs and LaRouche had not been convicted of crimes that prevented them from running for or holding office

the_steve posted:

I am actually curious how that would even work. I mean, even the cushiest rich person jail isn't going to let him hit the campaign trail, and I doubt they're going to let him keep doing enough press conferences

First you say he will never face consequences. Now you theorycraft about if he does. Make up your drat mind.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The fascists are going to hyperventilate with glee at having the thinnest veneer of a reason to declare the whole thing a witch hunt. I can practically hear the intake of breath before the 24/7 screeching we'll hear over the next months/years about the passport thing.

Yeah but they've done that about literally everything else so who gives a gently caress about a thing that Boils down to "Lazy rear end in a top hat refuses to pick up passport, claims it was stolen"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

It's not about giving a gently caress, it's about how laughably predictable they are. No one should ever give a poo poo what a fascist says or thinks. It's just funny that they'll now get their marching orders and anyone can see it coming from a mile away. They're like trained dogs- no debasement is too far.

Ah, I misunderstood the point you were making, my mistake.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also Trump still seems to think he is the President still (see: wanting a complete redo of 2020), therefore he can have these documents.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 2, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Youth Decay posted:

Taking bets on what exactly the 19 "Article of Clothing/Gift Item"s they found were. Had to be small enough or fold up small enough to fit into the boxes stuffed with other files.

...MAGA hats?

18 MAGA hats and Meliana's "I don't really care, do u" jacket

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes and he’s also super rich and I don’t get the impression that he thinks he’ll ever lose a re-election because FL has been trending rightward and he can just bury his opponent in ads anyway

Well they did elect him despite knowing what a loving ghoul he is. Several times.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Phlag posted:

The flag on the first page is not the actual MA flag. It was an unofficial redesign done by a random dude on the internet.
https://twitter.com/unoriginaljohn/status/1571882742991683587

To be fair the current Massachusetts flag does blow, which is why they're trying to change it.

Still this helps illustrate the cartoonish level of hate and incompetence on display from the DeSantis Cartel

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

So many height/sky/space puns and wordplay in less than a minute.

It almost seems like a parody from the Netflix Space Force show.

You can't convince me the actual Space Force isn't a parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

The expected planeload of migrants from Texas to Delaware ended up never happening, with anonymous sources telling reporters that DeSantis leaked fake info on purpose to "punk" the media.

One issue for that narrative, though, is that DeSantis's people did round up another group of asylum-seekers to send to Delaware. Those people were gathered at a hotel, only to be abruptly told on the morning of the supposed flight that the whole thing was canceled and there would be no flight.

Just to really add an extra dose of cruelty to it, only about half the group were bused back to be unceremoniously the migrant resource center where they'd been picked up. The rest were just straight-up abandoned at the hotel, stranded ten miles from the resource center with no transportation to get back.

DeSantis and his entire administration belong in Gitmo.