Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

DeSantis isn't even a real fascist. He is whatever the polls say Republicans want to hear at any given moment. He's like a puppet but the puppeteer is newsmax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The president also can't pardon state offenses, which all of these hypothetical laws will be

Efb

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Manchin and Sinema are democrats. The party materially supports people with conservative ideologies. The party openly embraces people with conservative ideologies. They are not sabotaging the democrats, they ARE the democrats. This is not an inconvenient roadblock to progress, it is a feature of the democratic party platform.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

If the person responsible for feeding Trump didn't have a backup burger at the ready, then they aren't very good at their job.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Lol at the juxtaposition of "biden is running again and the party has his back" with "Biden makes a deal with mitch which could only be necessary if Republicans retake the senate"

Democrats exist only to keep Republican seats warm

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Everything that is happening to ms. Griner really sucks and I feel bad for her but it really should be pointed out that if she wasn't rich and famous you would never hear about it

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

Gotta say I did not expect the admin to so quickly return to trashing the left, especially when the subject at hand is abortion rights!

Like, even they must realize that the combo message of "Vote!" and "gently caress off with your demands" is mixed messaging, right?

They are entitled to your vote. They are not entitled to your sass

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

No one but Joe Biden wants Joe Biden to be president, but since the democrats are the party of decorum poisoning, centrism, and telling people what they are supposed to want, of course they will be putting their full weight behind him.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

I read this thread and the other posters description of "red lines between photographs vibe" is dead accurate. I'm not doubting any of the information, but its a very q-esque series of implications being hinted at to explain why a bunch of prominent conservative activists run in the same circles

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Manchin is correct to not trust Biden's word because the last time Biden promised something in exchange for a vote it was a promise to deliver Manchin and yet here we are

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

It feels like lovely centrism, but on the other hand I don't know how else you avert a strike, and shutting down literally every railroad in the US would be extremely bad for everyone right now

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

In voting no. Because voting yes is a waste of time

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Manchin still has the support of his party because he represents the party's ideology. Reminder that Biden will be the first to tell you he does not support m4a or the green new deal. The fact that Manchin has faced zero consequences is proof that the party has more interest in "sensible comprimise" than supporting anything even remotely progressive. And why would the party do anything different when they already have your vote?

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The opinion of anyone not named Merrick Garland is irrelevant to opening a criminal investigation in this case

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

-Blackadder- posted:

Current Events Question: Can anyone r/OutoftheLoop explain what's with all the "Christian Nationalism" talk going on all of the sudden? It's a term I've only started hearing relatively recently, but it seems like it's picking up a lot of steam quickly. Is it significantly different from the Religious Right or just a rename?

CNN did a decent journalism for once:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/24/us/white-christian-nationalism-blake-cec/index.html

and MTG was like "yeah lol thats me"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

All this pedantry has real strong magic words energy. Who cares what its called?

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

GOP voters oppose helping people less fortunate than them and support petty revenge so theres really no downside

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Doesn't he still have boxes of stolen classified documents sitting around? Whatever it was they were looking for, I doubt it was even hidden

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Glossing over the fact that the place Trump lives isn't exactly a residence

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The real story here is that there is apparently a person whose name is a hashtag and of course that person is now Trump's lawyer.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The Forward Party has two members. One of them is Andrew Yang, a recent candidate for president, whose policy positions the Forward Party doesn't seem to support. I'm sure this will be a resounding success.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Just so we're clear: the use of 'commercialized' seems to be that the government will stop directly purchasing vaccines, and it will become more like the flu vaccine. which is required to be covered by health insurance, and which insurance companies, despite being horrible, would very much like people to get rather than not get, because it saves them money

The bigger problem is things like monoclonal antibodies, which iirc recently lost their full government subsidy.

This would be comforting if there weren't a significant portion of the population who don't or can't have medical insurance

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Oracle posted:

Surprised Garland hasn't tried charging them with human trafficking/kidnapping, seeing as these people were led to travel across state lines under false pretenses.

Yeah I feel like this is a much bigger deal than it seems and I'm not sure what the legal justification is, considering these are people who were to be released from custody and not under arrest

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Madkal posted:

Here is the messaging to get at Human Trafficker Ron. Ron deSantis cares more about the people in Martha's Vineyard than he does about Floridians and he is spending tax payers money to own the libs instead of helping Floridians.
Just show that Human Trafficker Ron doesn't care about Florida at all. Hammer the message home. Call him a human trafficker so much that that becomes a part of his name like a stain.

I have unfortunate news for you about the vitriol of Charlie Crist

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Defund the FDA is certainly a take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Reminder that Trump loves documents so much that he would often print tweets