Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

FizFashizzle posted:

Don’t forget he was probably drunk, claimed he didn’t slow down because he thought he hit a deer, then returned the next morning to….make sure the deer wasn’t still suffering?

Wasnt he also posting on like 4chan or something too while driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Scott had said that, had Sanders become president or whatever, he would have replaced him with another Democratic-leaning Independent. I suspect he might do the same here; keep in mind that VT elects governors every 2 years (including this November) so if Leahy were to die and if Scott were to put a Republican in his place, he'd be committing political suicide

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Leahy won’t be able to vote.

oh duh i didn't think of that. ugh

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Rigel posted:

Northeastern voters seem to have this weird attitude of "We shouldn't ever let those Republican assholes run everything.... buuuut you need a check in there somewhere so that the Democrats don't just go crazy with the budget". There always seems to be some random Republican governors somewhere in the northeast that you normally think shouldn't be there.

in MA at least this is compounded by the gubernatorial elections not lining up with Presidential elections. If they were on the same schedule I don't think we'd end up with GOP governors

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

If the democrats booted Manchin, Thomas and Alito would both end up dying the next day and Manchin would refuse to support whoever Biden nominated out of spite

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

How are we so loving BAD at this running against people like Trump, W, Romney and McCain?

Democrats won half of the elections you just mentioned via the electoral college and got a majority of the votes in 5 out of the 6

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I meant nominating candidates that I actually like. Not voting for ones that get me to turn out simply by virtue of not being total monsters.

How about ones that win

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oracle posted:

Tell me you've never been to Chicago in the winter without telling me you've never been to Chicago in the winter. (Or Detroit, or Buffalo, or Minneapolis, or...)

Melrose, MA has installed similar ones that are 10 feet off the ground:

https://patch.com/massachusetts/melrose/melrose-breaks-new-ground-looking-elevated-ev-chargers

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oracle posted:

Ten feet might work but Boston has had higher snow piled up than that in just the past decade. The problem isn't just how much snow falls total, its where you put it when you plow the streets and shovel the walks. That's usually in the medians and the area between the sidewalk and the street, which is where these chargers would also be located.
2015 saw 15 foot high piles of snow along streets.

I'm aware of snowfall in Boston; I've lived here my whole life. It does not routinely get piled up anywhere near that high, and if it does it's highly localized and does not last for long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

The only chance that the EC had of being amended in our lifetime was for Kerry to win Ohio and the 2004 election while losing the national vote.

That coming back to back with Bush winning in 2000 would have got both sides on board.

There was a brief moment on election night 2012 where it looked like Obama was going to win the electoral vote while losing the popular vote and I remember thinking it'd be great for the same reason but whoops he won both and no one gave a poo poo about fixing our stupid system