Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I don't really get what the Addams Family are?

My totally real wife is sick and watching this movie. I guess I love it. But what are they?

Are they dead? There's a scene where they are playing with a train in the basement and there's like a whole entire person on the train reading the newspaper completely not fazed by the fact he's in a model train?

One of them is a zombie? one is a hand?

They kill each other?

Are we meant to relate to them because they are weirdos and misfits who stick together? Or is it some commentary about how old money is insular, bizarre, and death-obsessed?

Really lots of questions about The Addams Family.

fake edit: Anjelica Houston is everything tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poohs Packin posted:

Are we meant to relate to them because they are weirdos and misfits who stick together? Or is it some commentary about how old money is insular, bizarre, and death-obsessed?

Yes.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
they own the squares
then gently caress

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
They're one of the few examples of a good relationship based on love, respect, and communication in all of television, isn't that magical and spooky enough for you?

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I've been watching random episodes of the old show on YouTube and they seem to be pretty nice people some cool knick-knacks in their house.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They're altogether ooky, OP, it's inTHEFUCKINGSONG.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lol if you don’t Mamushka

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

The Addams Family is the greatest movie of all time. Addams Family Values is the second greatest of all time. Evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7RB3fQAA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpT6IXYUnc

I also found this while searching for the above:

quote:

Raul Julia, who played Gomez Addams, went out to unwind after a day of filming The Addams Family. During the excursion, his eye fell out of its socket. Apparently, a blood vessel had burst. Luckily, Julia caught the eyeball and put it back in place.

Hearing of the incident, the crew decided to tease Julia a little bit the day after. Anjelica Huston shared, "I called up every joke store in LA and bought every pair of those joke glasses on springs, where the eyeballs fall out. So the next morning, when Raul walked onto the set, the entire crew was wearing these glasses. He laughed... It was serious, but it was also really bizarre."

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Das Boo posted:

They're altogether ooky, OP, it's inTHEFUCKINGSONG.

This is what my wife said.

"BAH!", I responded.

I'LL ASK THE INTERNET.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Olewithmilk posted:

The Addams Family is the greatest movie of all time. Addams Family Values is the second greatest of all time. Evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7RB3fQAA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpT6IXYUnc

I also found this while searching for the above:

100 percent serious - Raúl Juliá was critically underrated in his time and an outstanding actor. Yes, even Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. Absolute shame we lost him when we did.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I 100% agree, there's a bit in the first one where the evil fake psychologist tells him to take a seat, and she confirms that she has something incredibly disturbing to tell him. He sits down in such an excited and anticiptatory way, it slays me everytime. If someone can make you laugh just by the way they sit, you know they've got something.

RIP to a real one.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUTpYWz2Hwk&t=21s

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Raúl Juliá as Dracula also loving owns. Designed by Gorey AND Everett McGill was in it???

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Unlike the Munsters they're just regular people. Lurch isn't a zombie he's just kind of awkward and shy.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Unlike the Munsters they're just regular people. Lurch isn't a zombie he's just kind of awkward and shy.

one of them is a hand

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That tiny spotlight on morticia's eyes all the time is hilarious

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Poohs Packin posted:

one of them is a hand

And one of my cousins walks around Hobart dressed as a wizard. Every family has a black sheep.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

sebmojo posted:

That tiny spotlight on morticia's eyes all the time is hilarious

There's one point where she's walking and stops in just the right spot so there's this dramatic strip of light across the top half of her face that kills me

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

And one of my cousins walks around Hobart dressed as a wizard. Every family has a black sheep.

I've never been to Hobart but yeah she seems like a breeding ground for magical gentleman

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Well you see:

The Addams Family started,
When Uncle Fester farted,
He farted through the key-hole,
and paralysed the cat.

The cat was so excited,
it shouted "Man United!"
and Man United shouted:
"The Addams Family"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Poohs Packin posted:

one of them is a hand

Stop being such an ableist.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Poohs Packin posted:

I've never been to Hobart but yeah she seems like a breeding ground for magical gentleman

The guy who nutted Tony Abbott was a Hobart dude named Cosmo.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

goatface posted:

Stop being such an ableist.

the hand is very good at their job in the mail room. that hand is going places.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Carlos Lantana posted:

The guy who nutted Tony Abbott was a Hobart dude named Cosmo.

This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5hbSPwnBc

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hobart is a lovely little town and we should all aspire to move to Tasmania before it's too late.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://addamsfamily.fandom.com/wiki/Thing

quote:

While developing the television series, Charles Addams was asked what, exactly, was the "thing"? He opined that "thing" was a disembodied head that rolled through the house on various ramps and pulleys. It was decided that a hand would be a bit more palatable.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
astro must get as many free beers as eggboy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hobart is a lovely little town and we should all aspire to move to Tasmania before it's too late.

yeah

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They're creepy and they're kooky

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Who cares The Munsters were better.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Justin Godscock posted:

Who cares The Munsters were better.

But how does the union of a lady vampire and a flesh golem result in a werewolf? Was Eddie adopted?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Herman Munster was a Frankenstein type monster made up from all different body parts so it entirely possible that he had the balls of a werewolf.

In fact that's the only possible explanation because their love was pure and Lily would have never been unfaithful.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

They seem like they would make great neighbors.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Diorama posted:

Well you see:

The Addams Family started,
When Uncle Fester farted,
He farted through the key-hole,
and paralysed the cat.

The cat was so excited,
it shouted "Man United!"
and Man United shouted:
"The Addams Family"

We always had:

"The cat jumped on the table
The table fell to bits
Then in came Morticia
With her supersonic tits"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Herman Munster was a Frankenstein type monster made up from all different body parts so it entirely possible that he had the balls of a werewolf.

In fact that's the only possible explanation because their love was pure and Lily would have never been unfaithful.

This is now my headcanon, Herman Munster has werewolf balls.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My school only had the one verse, which I naively assumed was the verse.

It has a slur in it so we can't use it these days.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Whybird posted:

We always had:

The table fell to bits
Then in came Morticia

:aochloe:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Whybird posted:

We always had:

The table fell to bits
Then in came Morticia

supersonic?? i need to update my fanfictions....

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
everything canonical about the addams family can be summarized in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-cADLpPQY

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to come to see em
In their mansion cum museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

A Youtuber did an updated "Adult Wednesday Addams" series a few years ago that had some pretty funny moments, IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98aB3CtcW8

Naturally, she received a cease and desist order and then Netflix optioned the idea for a series with a different actress.