Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they're just a nice loving family OP leave them alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Guildenstern Mother posted:

They're one of the few examples of a good relationship based on love, respect, and communication in all of television, isn't that magical and spooky enough for you?

All the conflict comes from outsiders not being able to deal with them so they never had to rely on some dumb family drama.

Morticia and Gomez are legit relationship goals

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wednesday is an intelligent, confident, and socially conscious child that any parent should be proud of but I can't remember a thing about Pugsley's personality aside from fat.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wednesday is an intelligent, confident, and socially conscious child that any parent should be proud of but I can't remember a thing about Pugsley's personality aside from fat.

Pugsley got all the recessive genes like Uncle Fester did.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

OP , they are a loving supportive goth family that we should all aspire to.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
The Addams Family is the perfect model of a happy loving goth couple, OP

also, as the song says, their house is a museum
where people come to see'em

pretty self explanatory tbh

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I think Pugsley is supposed to be pretty smart as well

Charles Addams posted:

An energetic monster of a boy…blond red hair, popped blue eyes and a dedicated troublemaker, in other words, the kid next door…genius in his own way, he makes toy guillotines, full size racks, threatens to poison his sister, can turn himself into a Mr. Hyde with an ordinary chemical set…his voice is hoarse…is sometimes allowed an occasional cigar.

he is also fat

quote:

In all incarnations, he is overweight. In the original series, Pugsley is 1.42 metres tall and weighs 112 pounds. In the television series, Pugsley usually eats over five pieces of cake at birthday parties.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Lieutenant Dan posted:

They aren't goth though, they just look spooky.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Justin Godscock posted:

Who cares The Munsters were better.

Wtf The Addams family kicks the poo poo out of The Munsters. I mean don't get me wrong I don't hate The Munsters and Lily Munster is hot and all but it always came across as a fairly generic 60s sitcom with a classic horror theme gimmick.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

They're a cool, kooky family. Their customs and beliefs might seem strange to you at first, but they ultimately are a warm and loving family that embraces creativity and personal expression.

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
Ghouls, maybe? What the gently caress are ghouls

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ghouls usually eat human flesh, so I don't think the Addams Family falls under that.

Gomez is just like a gangster guy, right? He's the patriarch of the family and all but he feels the least supernatural of them all. Fester at least can make light bulbs shine in his mouth and stuff, and the kids are seemingly immortal.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Addams Family Values is possibly the best sequel ever made, OP.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Check out OP here who doesn’t want to play “Wake the Dead.” :zombie:

EDIT:

Das Boo posted:

:emptyquote:

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 21, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Das Boo posted:

The entire Thanksgiving play sequence is masterful.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A live action movie with Oscar Isaac and Chalize Theron as Gomez and Morticia could have been amazing, but we got a bland insipid cartoon instead :sigh:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

bitterandtwisted posted:

A live action movie with Oscar Isaac and Chalize Theron as Gomez and Morticia could have been amazing, but we got a bland insipid cartoon instead :sigh:

I saw the first one for free and found it just so generically average and quite boring. I know the character designs are closer to Charles Addams’ drawings, but I couldn’t get over Wednesday’s encephalitic head.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

IT BURNS posted:

A Youtuber did an updated "Adult Wednesday Addams" series a few years ago that had some pretty funny moments, IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98aB3CtcW8

Naturally, she received a cease and desist order and then Netflix optioned the idea for a series with a different actress.

Thanks for this. They're pretty good.

Also found a better source for all of them http://itsmelissahunter.com/media

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So to lighten myself up after thinking about the bland animated remake, I thought of the slide scene in the first movie and smiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVYH0QCTKU

Not only does the song fill me with stupid joy, but Raul Julia is just having the goddamn time of his life going down the slide :unsmith:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I've been watching some of the old show. I had no idea Uncle Fester was played by one of the first child actors ever. Good for him

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is the original show or movies streaming anywhere? I don't think I've seen more than bits and pieces of them but thread reminded me they are supposed to be really good.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Professor Wayne posted:

I've been watching some of the old show. I had no idea Uncle Fester was played by one of the first child actors ever. Good for him

Yeah, and what his parents did to him inspired the Coogan Act, which forces adults to put the funds that child actors earn into a separately held account so their parents can't use it on themselves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Child_Actor%27s_Bill

Also you know Gomez has like a monster hog. It's just gargantuan. It puts Milton Berle to shame. That's why Morticia is happy all the time

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Morticia loves him for his personality, the dick is just a bonus.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

satanic splash-back posted:

They seem like they would make great neighbors.

I maintain that I would LOVE to be their neighbors. They treat people with so much respect and really, you can hang out and it will be weird but they won't let anything bad happen to you. Gomez and Morticia are great hosts. Just don't cross em, lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Living next to the Addams for Halloween must be amazing. They probably give out gold from sunken pirate ships and stuff like that.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I love them
Gomez is sexy mmm Raul
Drew this a few years ago

Crap, below pic lol

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
The acting in the original series is great. They’re a wonderful, loving, supportive family. It’s the mysterious and spooky part that makes them interesting compared to all the bland family sitcoms of the 60s.

Also the original 1 panel comics from the 40s are really weird and sometimes dark. The only New Yorker comics I’ve even been able to understand.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Ist try didn't attach

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The American Dream posted:

The acting in the original series is great. They’re a wonderful, loving, supportive family. It’s the mysterious and spooky part that makes them interesting compared to all the bland family sitcoms of the 60s.

Also the original 1 panel comics from the 40s are really weird and sometimes dark. The only New Yorker comics I’ve even been able to understand.

Ha, nice coincidence
That's the cartoons I was thinking of when I drew it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Didn't read thread but they are goths OP.

naem
May 29, 2011

monster movies were the closest thing to an interesting pop culture phenomenon that existed at the time

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

Didn't read thread but they are goths OP.

They are aristocratic foreigners, from rural Romania or Bulgaria or tsarist Russia or something. Maybe even Romanovs.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Target Practice posted:

I maintain that I would LOVE to be their neighbors. They treat people with so much respect and really, you can hang out and it will be weird but they won't let anything bad happen to you. Gomez and Morticia are great hosts. Just don't cross em, lol

The Cleavers would probably be the worst neighbors because you can tell they would flip out into a full "28 Days Later" murderous rage if they saw anything that contradicted their socially conservative lifestyle.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

They are aristocratic foreigners, from rural Romania or Bulgaria or tsarist Russia or something. Maybe even Romanovs.

Gomez is an old spanish aristocrat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lieutenant Dan posted:

also, as the song says, their house is a museum
where people come to see'em

pretty self explanatory tbh

this. the Addams family seem like legit awesome neighbors. like at least shits always happening probably and they cool loving second empire house.

The American Dream posted:

they also clearly love each other and their kids. like alot of sitcoms back then(and now to various degrees) the couples were weird assholes who just quietly hated each other. like not every relationship in media needs to be a mountain goats song.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They also dress totally goth and my ex-girlfriend saw cousin It at a Siouxsie show once, so goth.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ghouls usually eat human flesh, so I don't think the Addams Family falls under that.

Gomez is just like a gangster guy, right? He's the patriarch of the family and all but he feels the least supernatural of them all. Fester at least can make light bulbs shine in his mouth and stuff, and the kids are seemingly immortal.

He's a defense lawyer who loves losing cases and boasts about how many criminals he's put in jail because of how bad he is at it.

I think the rest of his wealth supposedly comes from bizarrely lucky investments or something like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

goatface posted:

Morticia loves him for his personality, the dick is just a bonus.

this. he is a romantic who loves his wife for being good at stuff and gets hard when she speaks french or stuff he thinks is french.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

He's a defense lawyer who loves losing cases and boasts about how many criminals he's put in jail because of how bad he is at it.

I think the rest of his wealth supposedly comes from bizarrely lucky investments or something like that.

poo poo. he would be a great trump lawyer now that trump threw eastman under the bus.

i assume its his job and that alot of the money is from morticias side of the family.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I only remember the kids going lord of the flies at a camp and taking over, but to the honest the simpsons did it better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Gomez is an old spanish aristocrat.

Isn't Gomez a traditional Russian name? Gomez Romanov?