Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Charles Bukowski posted:

I follow Rob Zombie on social and he posts a lot of shots of the new Munsters show he is working on. I have no hope for it because I don't think there is a market for it, but it looks like they're having fun at least.

I heard the working title is More Herman than Herman.

..I'll see myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
The Addams Family are a goth version of rich liberals, living their best life because they have so much money they're basically not the same species\ on the same planet as the rest of us and, yes, I am jealous.

The Munsters are white trash but they can afford a house in the suburbs and a hotrod. I'm still jealous.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I heard the working title is More Herman than Herman.

..I'll see myself out.

That is a great joke, I'm going to tell my girlfriend your great joke buddy!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

they're the exact opposite of the ideal american family OP.

they aren't middle class or hard-scrabble working class they're ludicrously aristocratic.

they aren't hard workers they've inherited all their wealth and gomez has a magic ability to make anything he invests in succeed.

they don't play baseball and drink beer with the boys while mom cooks apple pie, they grow venus fly traps and collect coffins.

they're obssessed with death and the gothic rather than picket fences and jesus and childhood innocence.

they love each other and have a healthy relationship because not a single one of those things makes them bad people. the franchise is about how not understanding something or being different doesn't make something evil. that's why in values all the native americans are the Jewish kids, handicapped kids, black kids, asian kids etc and they take over the thanksgiving scene to tell the story from the native americans perspective.
indeed, this was the real fundamental joke

The TV press at the time said Gomez and Morticia were the only TV couple that came off as being actually likely to produce issue

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I watched the OG Addams family sitcom and there’s an episode where Gomez gets upset because his property tax bill is too low and he thinks the governments calling his family’s house cheap. He tries to get them to raise his tax bill and runs for office out of anger when the mayor tries to lower it further to earn his vote.

He’s asked his opinion on slums and says that historic neighborhoods need to be protected. And “humorously” says that demolishing a slum is like demolishing a swamp. Unthinkable!

It’s loving crazy that his joke positions that no sane politician would propose are all actually really reasonable and forward-thinking policy opinions now

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Thing, where did my implement go?

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Are ezra miller and jared leto adamses?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
i wish gomez would do that kiss down the arm thing to my weiner

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Re-re-re watched the movies. Still good. Forgot Tony Shalhoub was singing Macho Man in the bar.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The scene where they're locked in the happiness cabin at camp is a wonderful. First there's the little "I'm steeling myself for what is to come" motion that Wednesday does, then it cuts to the outside and you just hear the happy, syrupy songs. Perfect.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're an Adams Family and Bill Nye type of person or you're a Muensters and Beakman's World type of person and frankly I know which side of that aisle I'm on.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
There's a great episode of the old show where Pugsley dabling in wanting to be a boy scout and Gomez is distraught. He goes through all of the phases from confusion to disgust to blaming himself and finally around to acceptance because he loves his son no matter what.

It's very wholesome, and not in that forced American exceptionalism bullshit way typical for the time period.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

runnypoops posted:

Well start speaking French then, Tish

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It is thr Summer of lover! No abortians! I am looking at you, Thing.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

davidspackage posted:

Well start speaking French then, Tish

Swoon
Just swoon

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

runnypoops posted:

Just :lol: If all your sexual acts don't already centre around Addams Family roleplay.

And Thing roleplay is great for masturbators, just sit on one of your hands first until it stops feeling like your own, then stick it through a tissue box.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Sgt. Politeness posted:

There's a great episode of the old show where Pugsley dabling in wanting to be a boy scout and Gomez is distraught. He goes through all of the phases from confusion to disgust to blaming himself and finally around to acceptance because he loves his son no matter what.

It's very wholesome, and not in that forced American exceptionalism bullshit way typical for the time period.

I recommend the episode Lurch Learns to Dance. Carolyn Jones is Anjelica Huston's equal, in my opinion, and John Astin is a fantastic Gomez

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They're the best family in the world but they're unkillable monsters and if they were real they would actually probably not be supposed to interact with other people because we would all die from them

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're the best family in the world but they're unkillable monsters and if they were real they would actually probably not be supposed to interact with other people because we would all die from them

Worth the risk.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWSRVYU_JMo&t=48s

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Darth Brooks posted:

The original Charles Addams cartoons (both with the family and others) were genius. The series was great too.

The fun part is the fact that the family had no last name. They eventually were called "The Addams Family" simply because it was easier than "That Family That Chas Addams Keeps Drawing In His Cartoons". He was the inspiration for Gahan Wilson, who was also a morbid genius, and who I admire greatly, as well.

VesuviusSurvivor
Jun 4, 2021
When I was a kid, I used to intensely fantasize that I was a member of the Addams Family. I still would love to be a part of the Addams Clan. Majorly. As in I would ponder this day in and day out sometimes because I just wished that was my life. And that was my house.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DicktheCat posted:

Worth the risk.

I'm imagining an Animaniacs scenario except you have to enclose the Addams family in a Chernobyl dome and they keep getting out and light hearteadly killing people

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

Genesplicer posted:

The fun part is the fact that the family had no last name. They eventually were called "The Addams Family" simply because it was easier than "That Family That Chas Addams Keeps Drawing In His Cartoons". He was the inspiration for Gahan Wilson, who was also a morbid genius, and who I admire greatly, as well.

They're also somewhat the inspiration for Ray Bradbury's Elliott Family, which started in 1946 with 'Homecoming' which could be describing an Addams Family gathering of sorts.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

lol def not expecting Hellraiser references in the Addams family thread

And why not? They have the exact same up-is-down no-means-yes opposite world goth theme going on.
https://i.imgur.com/uGxZYzl.mp4

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Addams Family Values really deserves to be in that Godfather Part II/ Star Trek II/ Aliens/ Empire Strikes Back/ Terminator 2 tier of greatest film sequels. Like, the first movie was solid and all the cast and elements are all there, but when all is said and done it really was a dry run for Values.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Addams Family Values really deserves to be in that Godfather Part II/ Star Trek II/ Aliens/ Empire Strikes Back/ Terminator 2 tier of greatest film sequels. Like, the first movie was solid and all the cast and elements are all there, but when all is said and done it really was a dry run for Values.

That movie actually rules really hard and Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams should have won some sort of award for her role

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 25, 2022

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/woodmuffin/status/1413205619096629255?t=lLEGpchUKJBomyRjAOrE1g&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Your sister is your mother
Your father is your brother
They're shagging one another
The (insert rural town that you hate) family.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Is it possible to listen to the Addams family theme and not snap your fingers along? It's like a psychic trigger, I literally can't help myself.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IokBKvFiCvM

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Gomez Addams is such a great character to play, I like everyone's version, even that late 90s ytv version when I was young. They brought Peter Boyle back to be Grandpa Addams for a minute I think which was also really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Rip Torn's career was really making moves back then