Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Who’s talking about movie studios? I’m talking television networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So Johnny Gargano's first TV appearance since being fired was on an Impact promo package talking about how good Alex Shelley is. Which is fair.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I've been catching up on the last month or so, and I still don't understand Bullet Club's alignment in Impact. It changes faster than 2000s Big Show.

Speaking of 2000s, I find it funny that Decay still hasn't progressed their shtick beyond 2000s Hot Topic mallgoths. I'm half expecting Rosemary to enter wearing a Coal Chamber shirt.

Edward Mass posted:

Who’s talking about movie studios? I’m talking television networks.
Which are owned by film studios. It's all one big media entertainment mishmash.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
My point was that, in order for Impact Wrestling to reach a larger audience, they would need to be on a TV network with a wider reach than AXS TV. Not that someone needs to buy the promotion from Anthem.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Yeah, and it's not going to be on any of the ones owned by big studios who historically have no interest in wrestling or already air the competition. But my point was that since Paramount is in last place, hypothetically they'd be the one Anthem could try to broker a deal with to find a better network to air it (or just Paramount+). On that note, apparently Anthem's parent company is based in the Caribbean. Huh.

Actually I kind of wonder how well a promotion would do if they aired their paid content on Youtube Premium, and put the weekly stuff up for free on Youtube.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
If we're fantasy booking business, I think the most sense would have Impact simulcast on Paramount+ and, like, MTV. Then you have the monthly Impact+ specials moved to Paramount+ while retaining the big 4 PPVs for PPV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bound for Glory has a confirmed date and location - October 7th in Albany.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Emergence is tomorrow night

Countdown show free on Youtube at 7:30PM Eastern:
Brian Myers defends the Digital Media title against Bhupinder Gujjar
Taya Valkyrie and Rosemary defend the Knockouts tag titles against VXT (Deonna Purrazzo and Chelsea Green)

Emergence on Impact+ and paid Youtube at 8PM Eastern:
Steve Maclin vs Sami Callihan
Violent by Design (Eric Young and Deaner) vs Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA
Bandido vs Rey Horus in a AAA showcase match
Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, PCO and Vincent) vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Ace Austin, Chris Bey and Hikuleo) in a no-DQ match; HNM disband if they lose, HNM gets a tag title shot against Anderson and Gallows if they win
Speedball Mike Bailey defends the X title against Jack Evans
Jordynne Grace defends the Knockouts title against Mia Yim
Josh Alexander defends the world title against Alex Shelley

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

I can't wait to go eat cheap tacos with my wife and watch wrestling in a run down gymnasium. Looks to be an entertaining card from start to finish but I'm looking forward most to the Honor no More/Bullet Club 10 man clusterfuck.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It rules that Bullet Club can have 18 members can make up half the G1 field & still manage to have 5 wrestlers in Impact.

And by rules I mean is funny how bloated that faction is

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

Watching Emergence. Jack Evans is looking pretty good and I have really missed his non stop poo poo talking.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Emergence was a fun card even if there weren't any big surprises. The crowd really got alive during the AAA match and the Knockouts championship.i was sitting in front of the ring crew and to no one's surprise learned that Jordynne Grace is very unpopular backstage.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Impact needs to give Jack “Vitaminas especiales” Evans a contract.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pinche Rudo posted:

Impact needs to give Jack “Vitaminas especiales” Evans a contract.

Here's a hosed up stat: Jack Evans is older now than Kurt Angle was when he headbutted Samoa Joe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MajorWFPod/status/1561074880250056704?s=20&t=PCOt_IqLpmQwBSpYu2pHAg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tenille Dashwood is no longer on the roster page

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Those tag titles are cursed.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

Those tag titles are cursedVXT.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Call me crazy, but I’m going to bet the Time Splitters will soon be in line for the IWGP Tag Team Championship.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

:pray:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jessicka got that Rellik ">|" going on.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so happy KUSHIDA's here

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Joe Doerings' Brain Cancer has come back and he's stepping away from wrestling :(

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
poo poo sucks. He was doing good as Eric Young’s enforcer.

🙏

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ah poo poo. Hope he beats it again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1565034329515986945

Lady Frost asked for her release 2 months ago; she's not getting paid because it wasn't granted (she's on a pay-per-appearance deal with over 2 years left)
There were issues with pay compared to costs of showing up
Reimbursements for things like blood work weren't provided though they were supposed to be
One meal provided during 12-hour taping day
All that plus unpaid travel accommodations effectively cost her money showing up "for a company that doesn't value her health"
She had some medical issues too, but when cleared she wasn't in the company's plans. When she requested her release she was told she could sit out the deal. So either way she wasn't getting paid anymore here

Karrion Kross had similar complaints

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
D’Lo Brown has left.

e: in lighter news, this shirt directly benefits Joe Doering and family.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 7, 2022

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1565034329515986945

Lady Frost asked for her release 2 months ago; she's not getting paid because it wasn't granted (she's on a pay-per-appearance deal with over 2 years left)
There were issues with pay compared to costs of showing up
Reimbursements for things like blood work weren't provided though they were supposed to be
One meal provided during 12-hour taping day
All that plus unpaid travel accommodations effectively cost her money showing up "for a company that doesn't value her health"
She had some medical issues too, but when cleared she wasn't in the company's plans. When she requested her release she was told she could sit out the deal. So either way she wasn't getting paid anymore here

Karrion Kross had similar complaints

Lol this company really never does change

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
New matches announced for Victory Road:

Josh Alexander, Rich Swann, and Heath vs. Honor No More’s Eddie Edwards, Mike Bennett, and Matt Taven
Jordynne Grace vs. Max the Impaler
“Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Delirious for the X Division Championship
Kenny King vs. Laredo Kid vs. Alex Zayne vs. Trey Miguel vs. Black Taurus vs. Yuya Uemura vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Mia Yim in a Triple Threat Revolver match for the #1 contendership to the X Division Championship at Bound for Glory

e: also Mickie James vs. Gisele Shaw

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 16, 2022

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Joe Hendry is coming back

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1573013948152123392

I'm guessing they didn't want to go to WWE, because why else wouldn't Triple H be interested in them?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gaz-L posted:

Joe Hendry is coming back

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1573114235428769793

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Victory Road developments:

Kaz is #1 contender to Speedball for the X title at Bound for Glory
Taya Valkyrie and Jessicka Havok want a Knockouts tag title rematch against VXT at BFG
Bobby Fish is here
Eddie Edwards pinned Josh Alexander in a trios match, so he a) already has a win over the champ before their world title match at BFG and b) is the first person to pin Josh since last October
Mickie James challenged Mia Yim for BFG
Masha Slamovich picked Max the Impaler as Jordynne Grace's opponent pre-BFG; Jordynne won and picked Masha's opponent for the next Impact, Allie Katch, in a Monster's Ball match
Raven's the next Hall of Fame induction
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1573504048459816961

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 24, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, the show was AWESOME

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Not liking the direction of Decay gradually ditching the early 00s Hot Topic mallgoth aesthetic. Being dated as hell was kind of their whole charm.

Or if you must update them, only move it forward like 5 years and give everyone scene hair. Including Taurus.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/impact-wrestling/-impacts-scott-damore-explains-moving-ppvs-to-fridays-future-on-axs-tv

I'm not sure it matters, but moving Impact ppvs to Friday nights against Smackdown and Rampage is certainly a choice.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/impact-wrestling/-impacts-scott-damore-explains-moving-ppvs-to-fridays-future-on-axs-tv

I'm not sure it matters, but moving Impact ppvs to Friday nights against Smackdown and Rampage is certainly a choice.

It's probably marginally better than dodging WWE and UFC on Saturdays and AEW on Sundays. At this point anyone who is inclined to watch an Impact PPV is already prepared to skip something else to do it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

ROH PPVs on Friday was such an awful move when they did it so I'm not surprised TNA would do the same.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's probably marginally better than dodging WWE and UFC on Saturdays and AEW on Sundays.

Yeah, if you’re going to have competition either way, Scott’s approach of “whatever, let’s try a different day and even if we’re not watched live, if we’re still watched that weekend that’s fine” is fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's kind of hard for Impact Wrestling to plan too far out in advance with WWE no longer planning PPVs a year in advance. Bound For Glory was originally going to be on Saturday before Extreme Rules moved to the same date.