Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's probably marginally better than dodging WWE and UFC on Saturdays and AEW on Sundays. At this point anyone who is inclined to watch an Impact PPV is already prepared to skip something else to do it.
It does kind of make sense if they're piggybacking on Fridays being a big wrestling night. I'd say it's not a good idea to try to go head-to-head, but Anthem seems content just retaining the viewers they already have, rather than growing. Catering to your die-hards in a holding pattern isn't the worst thing for an indie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's probably marginally better than dodging WWE and UFC on Saturdays and AEW on Sundays. At this point anyone who is inclined to watch an Impact PPV is already prepared to skip something else to do it.

AEW runs 3-4 Sundays per year and on fairly predictable dates. Friday is an awful night for PPVs and relying on people to watch them on DVR is just a bad idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wasn't "b-b-b-but the DVRs!" a big refrain from Dixie

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wrestlingcovers/status/1578563222642331648?s=61&t=H01B-ubn6v6xX1WmE4h9KA

TNA never stops being TNA

It sounds like it was a pretty good show otherwise but good lord

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 8, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BFG developments:

Bully Ray won the Call Your Shot gauntlet and in the final minutes of the show saved world champ Josh Alexander from Honor No More while informing him he's calling his shot against him
Dirty Dango (fka Fandango) works here now
Matt Cardona and Taylor Wilde are back
Kaz is X champ
Taya Valkyrie and JesSICKa are Knockouts tag champs
Jordynne Grace still rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also Raven's HOF speech ended with him hugging Dreamer, saying their feud was over... then immediately hitting him with the DDT

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I do not care about Bully Ray in 2022, if this ends with anything else than Josh Alexander putting him away I'm loving out.

Still, an extremely fun show top to bottom with the Jordynne / Masha and Josh / Eddie matches both being outstanding.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Gosh, I have to imagine they're not going to strap up Bully in 2022. It's a former champion and "legend" who can put Alexander over. Then again, loltna, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I have to think Anthem is smarter and better at this than Dixie or Russo, but they did have Dixie show up at Slammiversary so... :shrug: