Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio

Heather Papps posted:

so i guess i should give revolutionary girl utena another try? it's my brothers wifes favourite show ever but there was a lot of women getting slapped so i stopped after a few eps

It is in my opinion the most important work anime has ever made, but I want to stress that the gendered (and, eventually, sexual) violence is pretty core to the plot and does not ever go away. It has something to say about it all, far more so than e.g. Evangelion, but I try to make sure people understand What it is before going in when I recommend it.

My av and username get a lot funnier if you've seen the whole thing I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Ahhh, can I bow out of my sig creation claims? Life is really edging into the posting space and I can't say for sure I'll be able to do something up to snuff.

Apologies to those waiting on a creative push from yours truly

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Heather Papps posted:

so i guess i should give revolutionary girl utena another try? it's my brothers wifes favourite show ever but there was a lot of women getting slapped so i stopped after a few eps

It's... not an easy show to watch, honestly. The payoff is big, the moment to moment will either fascinate you, horrify you, and/or make you laugh, but it's rather long and very much about the struggle of two young girls trying to break away from a very male-dominated society of assholes. Like, one of the main protagonists is basically a sex slave earned as a prize in rotation between the elite / popular kids.

If you can't get through its 39 episodes, the movie is sort of a condensed version of the series, a retelling. It's also a sequel somehow.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Manifisto

Tebulot posted:

Ahhh, can I bow out of my sig creation claims? Life is really edging into the posting space and I can't say for sure I'll be able to do something up to snuff.

that is of course okay friend! it happens to us all.

ty nesamdoom!

Ohtori Akio

Tebulot posted:

I can give these a shot! It's always good to put life ahead of posts.

more falafel please

forums poster

i should probably watch utena at some point just so i have any idea what all my trans woman Posting Pals were talking about on tumblr in 2014

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

Tebulot posted:

not a worry friend, was figuring something had happened. hope you're okay out there and that things improve so that you can come back to post more with us!

if someone else is willing to step in then i would still love a "summer" sig from a posting pal, please, thank you and i love you

Ohtori Akio

Stoner Sloth posted:

not a worry friend, was figuring something had happened. hope you're okay out there and that things improve so that you can come back to post more with us!

if someone else is willing to step in then i would still love a "summer" sig from a posting pal, please, thank you and i love you

I'm on it friend

knuthgrush

Be brave; clench fists.

Stoner Sloth posted:

I'm very tired and not too good at drawing but I tried looking at a pic of a sloth with a bong. Bright colors for a bright summer. Sideways because it seems to fit better on posts. Totally cool if you don't dig it. Other folks are way better at this.

EDIT: looks like someone else took up the challenge! Stoked to see what they make for you. :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ohtori Akio

Stoner Sloth posted:

here is an attempt, let me know if the size is excessive and I will try to trim it some more

I had fun learning about gimp's animation tools! and 2.5d parallax assets are fun to play with

Stoner Sloth

knuthgrush posted:

I'm very tired and not too good at drawing but I tried looking at a pic of a sloth with a bong. Bright colors for a bright summer. Sideways because it seems to fit better on posts. Totally cool if you don't dig it. Other folks are way better at this.

EDIT: looks like someone else took up the challenge! Stoked to see what they make for you. :allears:

i like this, any chance that you could add the byob summer 2022 to it?

Ohtori Akio posted:

here is an attempt, let me know if the size is excessive and I will try to trim it some more

I had fun learning about gimp's animation tools! and 2.5d parallax assets are fun to play with

this one is great too!

in short if it's alright with both artists i'd like to use both as i am a collector of fine sigs from talented posting pals, and thank you both! :peanut:

Ohtori Akio

Stoner Sloth posted:

this one is great too!

in short if it's alright with both artists i'd like to use both as i am a collector of fine sigs from talented posting pals, and thank you both! :peanut:

I'm glad you like it! Please use however you would like.

Manifisto

nice work all around! I love that with so many people participating, we get a huge range of sig styles, it keeps things interesting.

ty nesamdoom!

knuthgrush

Be brave; clench fists.

Stoner Sloth posted:

this one is great too!

Totes on both counts. Just a sec.

knuthgrush

Be brave; clench fists.

Summer '22

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stoner Sloth

test - hell yeah, sig wall looking fine as heck!!

thanks so much pals :peanut:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Stoner Sloth posted:

Unsuccessful job interviews, constant certification study, got engaged (yay), pet dying (not yay), work is flat out, trying to plan DnD sessions, trip to FNQ to see family, the list goes on...

Like MacArthur, I WILL return

Ohtori Akio

Moo Cowabunga posted:

may I request a winter one if it isn’t too much trouble? :kiddo:

I am now working on this one

Ohtori Akio

Moo Cowabunga posted:

may I request a winter one if it isn’t too much trouble? :kiddo:

here is my best attempt at a winter sig friend

Stoner Sloth

Tebulot posted:

Unsuccessful job interviews, constant certification study, got engaged (yay), pet dying (not yay), work is flat out, trying to plan DnD sessions, trip to FNQ to see family, the list goes on...

congratulations on the engagement friend! and condolences for your loss :sympathy:

good luck with the interviews, am sure something will land for you soon! and also with the DnD cause that's always fun : )

Manifisto

Tebulot posted:

ya congrats on the engagement! and sorry about the pet.

ty nesamdoom!

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

Heather Papps posted:

okay so i did an experiment. i thought imagebb optimized/converted big gifs to webms. i was either wrong or this isn't big enough. ANYWAYS here's a sig i hope you like it.

(imgbb)
e: (this one seems to load faster)

(imgur)

the slowdown at the end is on purpose, wanted to show yer username longer.

Omg this is good. Thank you so much, I love it!

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Manifisto

UPDATE (let me know if anything is wrong here):

• Barking Gecko - completed by knuthgrush
  • How Wonderful! - completed by Manifisto
  • Areola Grande - completed by nut
  • biosterous - completed by Kaiser Schnitzel
  • Tebulot - in progress by Literally a Person
  • Kaiser Schnitzel - completed by Manifisto
  • knuthgrush - completed by Heather Papps
  • Heather Papps - completed by knuthgrush
  • Goons are Great - completed by Pot Smoke Phoenix
  • minecraft_holmes - completed by Manifisto
  • Manifisto - hp did this one
  • Moo Cowbunga - draft completed by Ohtori Akio
  • Stoner Sloth - completed by Ohtori Akio AND knuthgrush
  • Rarity - completed by How Wonderful!
  • Saoshyant - hp did this one
  • more falafel please - completed by hp
  • Pahilla the Hun - completed by Tebulot
  • free hubcaps - hp did it
  • BALLS DILDO - completed by Pot Smoke Phoenix
  • 16pcCutlerySet - completed by knuthgrush
  • Cinderful - would like a sig featuring a small sickly weedass being approached by the weedwolf (hp in progress)
  • Chewbecca - hp did this one
  • FPZero - hp did this one
  • nazca - jinh did this one
  • Meeksha - aech pee didit
  • Allie - hp did it
  • Ohtori Akio - completed by Saoshyant
  • Scuba Trooper - completed by Manifisto

we're getting close, friends! soon summer can officially start!!

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Cinderful posted:

I would like a 2022 sig featuring a small sickly weedass being approached by the weedwolf

okay i googled weedwolf and i need some clarification. do you mean weedwolf like this:

or weedwolf like this:

or something else altogether. i googled weedwolf and got a lot of different images.

also is a weedass a goose? :weedass: that is a goose, right? maybe a duck?

it is not that often i am at a loss like this i tried to figure it out someone please help me.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

we used to have a tagger here in chicago who went by WEED WOLF but he hasn't been active in a while. it was always kinda fun to see his poo poo though

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

okay i googled weedwolf and i need some clarification.

there was this byob Weedwolf thread from like 5 years ago that I remembered, and I think it was based on posts in previous threads

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812902

also I swear there was a weedwolf or "tiny wolf" or something smilie on SA that may have been related, maybe even made in byob, but I can't find it, it probably got deleted

it's probably none of those things but it made me remember it

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

there was this byob Weedwolf thread from like 5 years ago that I remembered, and I think it was based on posts in previous threads

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812902

also I swear there was a weedwolf or "tiny wolf" or something smilie on SA that may have been related, maybe even made in byob, but I can't find it, it probably got deleted

it's probably none of those things but it made me remember it

this for example:

from here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659677

there were various other threads of this type:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662184

someone made a gang tag community badge out of it:

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

:wtc:

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is all good information. i think that might be the right weedwolf. but what is a weedass?

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

this for example:

yeah that was what I was thinking of, even if I was misremembering half of it, like thinking gang tag being a smilie instead. I don't think I have seen that one in the wild for a bit. good teamwork!

Heather Papps posted:

this is all good information. i think that might be the right weedwolf. but what is a weedass?

:weedass: (I'll continue to probably not be very much help, lol)

Heather Papps

hello friend

i need a bird expert to tell me if that is a duck or a goose. i am pretty sure it's a duck.

Cinderful

A wolf that likes weed and spray paint. It's not a furry. A weedass is a pothead or a weed eating ungulate. I imagine it's more like a deer than a true donkey. Both were 'yob jokes during the previous decade :smith:

Heather Papps

hello friend

some day even the blue fluid will be forgotten. thank you for clearing things up, if i'd gone with my gut i would not have been that offbase but i wanted to be sure.

Manifisto

alright, time we got this wrapped up. Tebulot, since Literally a Person seems to be mia on this sig, I will be happy to take it on. what kind of thing would you like?

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

Manifisto posted:

what kind of thing would you like?

Per the request post, it appears to be a summer/winter-confused theme with kangaroos:

Tebulot posted:

It is winter where I am though, could someone make me a very confusing summer sig to reflect how confused Australia is?

Heather Papps

hello friend

e: wrong thread, tho i am working on the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Cinderful posted:

A wolf that likes weed and spray paint. It's not a furry. A weedass is a pothead or a weed eating ungulate. I imagine it's more like a deer than a true donkey.

i hope you aren't very opposed to marvel stuff cause this is where i landed:

if you have what is a totally fair dislike of this sorta stuff i can redo it with animal stuff but the few gifs i was finding were pretty graphic. hmmm.

Cinderful

Heather Papps posted:

i hope you aren't very opposed to marvel stuff cause this is where i landed:

if you have what is a totally fair dislike of this sorta stuff i can redo it with animal stuff but the few gifs i was finding were pretty graphic. hmmm.

Oh my God that weed hat is incredible 😍
Can I uh... request the gif slow down a bit to zoom in on that detail? Udabes T_T

Heather Papps

hello friend

Cinderful posted:

Oh my God that weed hat is incredible 😍
Can I uh... request the gif slow down a bit to zoom in on that detail? Udabes T_T

something sorta like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Heather Papps posted:

something sorta like this?

this is gold. never saw a living breathing weed rear end until today :five: