Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
please put me at the very, very end of the line

I enjoy the colour black, swords, and Shoujo Kakumei Utena (television programme, manga, and video game for the Sega Saturn (sprites available here https://www.spriters-resource.com/saturn/shojokakumeiutenaitsukakakumeisarerumonogatari/)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Saoshyant posted:

I imagined from the username, but it's still bewildering to hear in 2022 someone saying they really like this series I was obsessed with as a teen (when it was still relatively new). Like, for anyone unfamiliar with the time period mentioned, a Sega Saturn game would have been made in the middle/late 90's, and so was the rest of the series.

Penguindrum (by the same author) didn't hit me as hard but it still hit hard enough 10 years ago and I still think about it occasionally. I wonder what Ikuhara is doing these days.

Sarazanmai (2019) was a great television program I feel.

Utena was one of the first anime I heard about outside the Toonami block (to approximately date myself). It was in a big book about anime I checked out from the library to learn more about the cool Japanese cartoons. I did not actually watch it until college, at which point I lost my mind.

BYOB confessions: I've never played through the game, I just really like the sprites. They're a good size for posting. I should find an emulator and give it a whirl.

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Saoshyant posted:

Is this to your liking?

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: this is incredible!!!

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Heather Papps posted:

so i guess i should give revolutionary girl utena another try? it's my brothers wifes favourite show ever but there was a lot of women getting slapped so i stopped after a few eps

It is in my opinion the most important work anime has ever made, but I want to stress that the gendered (and, eventually, sexual) violence is pretty core to the plot and does not ever go away. It has something to say about it all, far more so than e.g. Evangelion, but I try to make sure people understand What it is before going in when I recommend it.

My av and username get a lot funnier if you've seen the whole thing I feel.

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tebulot posted:

Ahhh, can I bow out of my sig creation claims? Life is really edging into the posting space and I can't say for sure I'll be able to do something up to snuff.

Apologies to those waiting on a creative push from yours truly

I can give these a shot! It's always good to put life ahead of posts.

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

not a worry friend, was figuring something had happened. hope you're okay out there and that things improve so that you can come back to post more with us!

if someone else is willing to step in then i would still love a "summer" sig from a posting pal, please, thank you and i love you

I'm on it friend

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

not a worry friend, was figuring something had happened. hope you're okay out there and that things improve so that you can come back to post more with us!

if someone else is willing to step in then i would still love a "summer" sig from a posting pal, please, thank you and i love you

here is an attempt, let me know if the size is excessive and I will try to trim it some more

I had fun learning about gimp's animation tools! and 2.5d parallax assets are fun to play with

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

i like this, any chance that you could add the byob summer 2022 to it?

this one is great too!

in short if it's alright with both artists i'd like to use both as i am a collector of fine sigs from talented posting pals, and thank you both! :peanut:

I'm glad you like it! Please use however you would like.

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Moo Cowabunga posted:

may I request a winter one if it isn’t too much trouble? :kiddo:

I am now working on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Moo Cowabunga posted: