Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I looked all over and didn’t see a thread so I’m making one today for obvious reasons. Hopefully this is a good spot for it.

I gotta make some concrete steps towards getting a vasectomy, especially since at this point it feels like one of the only concrete things I can do that won’t get me banned or thrown in jail (yet). :d2a:

While I feel powerless in the face of everything, exercising (and destigmatizing) my own bodily autonomy as that of others is assaulted seems like one of the most important actions I can take. Also maybe help some other goons end their bloodlines??

I’d like to hear from others who’ve had it done what their experience was like, the recovery time, etc. Not thrilled at the idea of having to be conscious while it’s done but I guess it’s not something you’re usually put under anesthesia for?

I’m mainly scared about some people who experienced chronic pain after the procedure, but a lot of that was from Reddit and part of me is convinced that posts like that are part of some sort of christofascist psyop, because we live in extremely normal times. I feel like I’d hear more about it if getting sentenced to a lifetime of non-consensual CBT was a common occurrence?

I don’t want kids and neither does my partner so that’s a total non-issue, but I still live with my family so there’s no way they won’t notice me holding a bag of Rosebud frozen peas over my junk for a week or whatever, boy am I REALLY not looking forward to that conversation!!!

I also have no idea if this is generally covered by insurance, but based on some quick googling it usually is I think?

Thanks in advance for any advice and in conclusion,

*Papa Roach Voice*

Cut my vas into pieces, gently caress the Supreme Court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU