Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Has anybody gotten one from the VA? I assume its the same as private practice but wanted to ask.

I'm becoming more and more convinced I should get one because of my age. I'm 36 and single, and I don't rush into big things like marriage so the earliest I would have a child is 40. I don't want to be in my 50s trying to raise a teenager, or going to a college graduation in my 60s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

In 2 weeks I'm having this done at the VA. I'm a dog walker/pet sitter so I took the weekend off and I'm assuming I'll be fine by the Thursday after to walk a couple of dogs that like to pull. I am nervous about it but mainly because its a new kind of surgery that is being done on my balls. I've had dozens of both out-patient and in-patient surgeries on various parts of my body so this isn't THAT new for me.

I do worry a little that I'm making a mistake since having a family is something that I never considered being a possibility for me, but I'll be 38 a week after the surgery and I'm single, and even if I found a girlfriend tomorrow it would still be a couple of years at a minimum before we would have a kid. I don't want to be 40 with a new born.

All told I believe this is the right decision, partly because I don't want to wait a couple of years and find out its now illegal.