Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Guest2553 posted:

his spontaneous reversal rate was almost a tenth of the national average.

I have my consult appt on Wednesday, is this something I should be asking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I scheduled an appointment to get my junk operated on.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I have a SUPER curious 5 year old, what did y'all tell your kids when they inevitably ask why Dad cannot play with them even though he's not working today?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Abyss posted:

We just told our 2-year old at the time straight up what happened. "Daddy had an operation on his private parts and they hurt, he can't play with you now but will be able to later." We also had a 4-month old at the time and I didn't pick her up or her carrier for a few days while the swelling went down.

Telling him this and then saying "And that's why I'm moving the playstation is upstairs, wanna watch me play some video games in bed?" worked pretty well.

Anyway, I wake up tomorrow for an appointment with a stranger to remove parts of my body for sex reasons.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't do the vallium and it was a breeze. Now to sit on my butt and play video games with ice on my balls for a couple days

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

two fish posted:

How frequent is it that the vas deferens will reconstruct itself? I know that's a possibility but a very rare one. The last thing I want is a surprise.

I read recently that it's something like 0.025 percent

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Kinda uneventful, to be quite honest.

Today I'm 2 weeks past mine and this was 100% my experience even without the Valium. VERY little discomfort, no real pain, no swelling, no lingering pain etc. Though I've heard that's not super common, so I feel lucky

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

Nice. Time to start researching docs for the reversal!

Lol, no thanks. One kid is enough for me

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Coming off 24 hours, and I'm basically in no pain.

I've made an effort to just lay in bed and avoid doing anything besides go to the bathroom. I took a shower this morning, which was the big event. I have a couple dozen Ensure meal replacement bottles beside me so I can stay fed without getting up. I think I'm going to discontinue acetaminophen but keep up with ibuprophen for the next couple days to control swelling.

I regrettably have not been doing as much icing as they told me to, which I'm going to correct right now so I don't cause problems for myself later.

I don't want to overdo it, but at this rate I'm probably going to crack open my laptop tomorrow and start working from home. I don't see why I can't be back in the office on Monday. HopefullybI'm not lulling myself into a false sense of security.

I felt the same way, didn't take any pain medicine and saw zero swelling; so when my doctor called 24 hours later I asked "can I stop icing", they were like "just in case keep doing it, it won't hurt but stopping now could mean you start swelling".

So non-medical my advice is "just in case, keep icing/staying in bed etc"

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Came in a cup this morning and got my results shortly thereafter: I'm sperm free since '23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Everyone here seems to have had a good experience, but I've read that there is a relatively high percentage chance that you'll get some side-effects or unintended consequences.

Where did you read this?