Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I wrote this a year after my vasectomy, it's been five years now with no issues.

I got a referral from my doctor, consulted with the urologist (basically just verifying that I had appropriate anatomy) and got the surgery a few weeks after. I had read some literature and was not worried about post-vasectomy pain as I don't have a history of chronic pain and my father has had a pain-free vasectomy as well.

I had a no-scalpel vasectomy around lunch with both ends of the vas clipped. The surgery was over in 15 minutes and I had no issues - the needle felt at most like a pinch. I waited the mandated 20 minutes then took a cab home. I had a 3.5-day weekend spent mostly in a comfy chair being attended to by my wife. I iced my groin the first few hours and took NSAIDs. I actually had no pain on the left side, only some twinges on the right when my testicles shifted (I blame the urologist letting an intern clip/cauterize that side).

I was back at work after the weekend (took the bus in), back walking long distances after 6 days and back biking and at the gym after two weeks. I feel like I could've gone back earlier but there wasn't much harm in waiting longer. My first ejaculation was ~4 days after and there was a bit of blood present but no blood after that.

I had slight twinges of pain on the right side (felt like poking a bruise) for about two weeks but no pain after that. I did the semen analysis test 90 days after the surgery and showed 0 sperm.

Since then I've abandoned condoms and life's been great. No pain whatsoever or change in semen quantity/quality, the only physical change is that my testicles have physically gotten a bit larger. My wife has also stayed not-pregnant. The surgery was free, the cab ride was the most expensive part.

For me, it's been a very simple and problem-free experience. I would definitely recommend it. Consider freezing some sperm first if you think there's a chance it will ever be in demand, that costs about $100/month around here and has a higher chance of success than a reversal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU