Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009
Largely same, easy procedure, though it was annoying filling out the forms. Some of 'em are federal, so they're poorly designed and it's handy if you have a fax machine equivalent. I'm on Kaiser health care in Cali, which is a poo poo show, but the operation itself is so easy and quick that it went fine. Appreciated the drive home, and also wanted to note that the post-snip sex has been great. Feels the same, IME, lots more options once you're sterile. I would suggest anyone looking at it to probably get instructions for the tests that are done on ejaculate afterwards; this was the part Kaiser made extremely annoying and right after even minor surgery is maybe not the time for detailed instructions. There are, in theory, time limits and things as to how fresh ejaculate can be to test; I suspect they're extremely conservative, but it's good to know ahead of time if, a couple weeks out, you have to schedule a little self abuse w/in 30 minutes of a particular office. I also suspect people who have better coverage don't have to deal with this.

I was back to lifting weights in about a week, and on the motorcycle again before that, really easy recovery, though the first few days you should take it easy more than you feel like you should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Anyways I’m happy to report that I’m still doing great, the worst part has been waiting the full 3 months. I was told wait three months AND have 100 ejaculations, and then do the semen test ….. kind of a drag to have to wait this long to reap the benefits of the proecedure but gotta pay the toll if U wanna rock n roll

Wow, that's super double conservative. Mine was 2 months and they only asked for 20 ejaculations. Are you not going in for an actual sperm sample check? I went in for the first of two scheduled checks and the tech was like, no viable sperm at all, 0, come back in a month if you really want to.