Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Do it but make sure you find a doctor that's done it plenty of times already and has a good record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I live in the US on my company's insurance plan and I literally paid nothing out of pocket for my entire procedure except the $20 copay to get my PCP to refer me to the urologist.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

What they didn't tell me about getting a vasectomy is that they take a little short piece of the vas and put it on a little bottle and send it to a lab to make sure it's the right tube. Seeing a little piece of my vas in a bottle was cool as hell.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah my doctor said that a pathologist checks both removed tubes to make 100% sure they removed the right stuff. My vasectomy was less than a year ago at this point.

The most surprising thing about mine was that insurance covered the whole thing even including the NOx gas for the procedure.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

*I'm doing my part!*

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Wait hold up how do they have no needle?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I tell all the dudes I know they should also get vasectomies. Vasectomy for all!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I thought you were just being sarcastic but that makes sense I guess.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I was told I'd have to pay 60 dollars extra for nitrous gas, but they never charged me for it so I got it for free I guess.

Nitrous gas is very nice A++++ would do again

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

I scheduled an appointment to get my junk operated on.

Just make sure you wash off all the slime before you go in.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I asked my doctor and he has had zero reversals ever over his 20+ years. He thinks spontaneous reversal is bullshit, in reality those cases were probably just botched procedures is what he told me.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

Came in a cup this morning and got my results shortly thereafter: I'm sperm free since '23

drat that would be a good tshirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

The worst part of my vasectomy experience was that the surgeon's assistant in the room was a cute girl about my age and I don't think I've ever been more shriveled up in my life.