Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StdNormDist
May 2, 2010
It was by far the easiest surgery, both in terms of the procedure and recovery, that I've ever had.

When I had mine done they put the little paper surgical screen up at my waist so I couldn't see it. They gave me a Xanax to take beforehand and aside from some pinching and pulling feelings, it was painless. I chatted with the urologist about public transit during the process, he packed about a pound of cotton in my shorts, and I was off.

Listen to everyone when they say you're gonna want to do *nothing* for at least a couple of days. I played Skyrim in bed, and was able to hobble around OK after the third day or so. You'll have a dull ache, especially when you move, for about another week. For a few months after that if they got particularly jostled my nuts got the same sort of dull ache for a little bit, but after that they were alright.

If you get it done, don't be a dummy and bust in your uterus-having SO until you get your second negative sperm test. There's too many stories about oops babies happening because people got too excited and forgot that sperm, unlike piss, is not actually stored in the balls.

My quality of life definitely bumped up a bit afterwards. I never wanted kids and never having to worry about them was a huge weight off my mind. Both my sexual partners since I had it done loved it. I love it. Couldn't recommend it enough if you're *sure* you don't want more kids. Don't consider it something you can reverse because chances are you'll just waste a bunch of money and go through way more pain than the vasectomy itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU