Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I had a vasectomy a few months ago. I went without the anti-anxiety pill and drove myself there and back. It went fine, there was a brief sharp pain when the needle for the local anesthetic initially went in, but after that there was no pain. There was a minute where it got real awkward because in the course of the small talk the urologist kept up, he somehow decided it was a good time to start talking politics and ask me my feelings on student debt forgiveness while he's got my nutsack open. :gonk:

Ill-timed politics chat aside I feel like I got a good urologist, he was still wearing an N95 mask in the office, and while he asked me in the consultation if I was aware of the nature of the procedure he didn't at all try to dissuade me from it despite never having been married or had kids.

I used the prescribed painkillers for the first couple of days, mostly to stay ahead of any pain, but after that while it was tender I found that just staying off my feet and occasionally icing my nuts kept down any pain without needing the painkillers.

The urologist also recommended one sperm test about ninety days after the procedure to confirm there were no sperm in my ejaculate, which I did and there weren't.

Overall seems like it was about as easy as one could hope for from a surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
There wasn't an assistant present during my surgery. Whoever initially took me back to the procedure room left me to get undressed and up on the 'table' myself. The only person in the office who saw my groin was the urologist.

edit: personally I would much rather have had a gorgeous woman seeing me at my least than the urologist deciding to veer the surgery small-talk into politics