Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
First of all, I have not had the procedure. I have looked into it out of interest and discussed it with my wife. A minority of people do experience problematic chronic pain issues. I don't know the exact statistic - I've just had a quick google and seen different figures, probably depending on source and how they are categorising "chronic pain". I think the upshot is it is a minority, but probably not a vanishingly small one.

For what it's worth, my wife is part of a physician mothers WhatsApp group that discussed this a while back. A number of the women who worked in urology said they would be anti-their husbands getting the procedure done, due to patients they had seen with ongoing pain.

At the same time, the majority of people get it done and have no issues, removing the need for their partners to have hormone-meddling contraception like IUD or the pill, and it has big benefits for their sex lives.

I would do some rigorous research into the statistics from reliable sources and then make a risk-reward decision based on that and how much you want to do the procedure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU