Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Oh hey, SA has a vasectomy thread.

I'm just over six weeks out from mine. Procedure went fine (yay Ativan) but recovery has been long and extended.

I took it super easy until day 9 of recovery and then picked up a bag of dog food and that was it for me. The pain has been a constant 3/10 and spikes 7-8/10 if I move too fast or pick something up. It feels like I'm getting poked in the side or bottom of either testicle, or at the base of each inguinal canal. The weird part is, I only feel pain in one place at once and it moves around.

I took some extra time off work as my job is fairly physical. I went back at the 5-week mark and ended up having to go to Urgent Care because of the pain. I got a testicular ultrasound that found nothing abnormal. I've healed fine apparently but the pain is still there. Toradol is an ok prescription painkiller but give me REAL vivid dreams.

I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday to find out what the gently caress. My job put me on modified duties so at least I don't have to worry about income while this gest figured this out. Hopefully it just goes away on its own.

I'm glad most of the guys on the board haven't had issues, or their issues resolved. I was bumming myself out reading horror stories on r/Vasectomy in full knowledge that most dudes have no issues and thus don't post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Everyone here seems to have had a good experience, but I've read that there is a relatively high percentage chance that you'll get some side-effects or unintended consequences. Anyone had those and willing to share about them?

The literature says its a 1% chance for side-effects or pain longer than a couple days. I'm three months out from mine and my pain has diminished to the point where I am going to try to start exercising again. I skimmed this thread after I got mine and only saw one other person who had prolonged discomfort. Anyway, you should probably still get it - I figure 8/10 pain for a month and 6/10 pain for two months is still better than my wife who has had 5/10 discomfort on her birth control for the last decade.