Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
We just told our 2-year old at the time straight up what happened. "Daddy had an operation on his private parts and they hurt, he can't play with you now but will be able to later." We also had a 4-month old at the time and I didn't pick her up or her carrier for a few days while the swelling went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I would be very impressed at my vas deferens if they reconstructed themselves after I saw how much he took out - about the size of a small box macaroni noodle. The first one he took out he held it up to show me, saying, "Crazy that 30-40 million sperm flow through this thing, right?" and went back to work.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Usually, it's the pregnancy. Some guys will test themselves every month using a third-party lab kit you can get off of Amazon. I've read about others buying a compound microscope to look at their samples. You could keep using a form of contraception for a year and then get retested if you were really concerned. If spontaneous reversal doesn't happen in the first year, the chances of it happening at all go down to insignificant percentages.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I must stress to wait for both results of your labs, as you don't want a sneaky sperm to be lurking in the corners of your urethra between test 1 and test 2. Congrats on getting it done (tomorrow) and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
You usually need two negative tests to be be officially considered sterile. It's going to depend on your provider, but the tests are spread out by time and number of ejaculations. I had my procedure in the middle of November, the first test the week before Christmas and the second in late January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Second specimen was no sperm, so the surgeon has given me the all-clear for real now.

A late development: I've been getting these headaches as orgasms build up, some of them pretty painful. Probably indicative of some other problem, but it was really difficult to produce specimens when these started happening out of nowhere. Ah well.

I'd talk to your doctor about that. It can be something completely benign or pretty serious, so better to get it checked out early.