Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I can't add any personal stories that anybody else hasn't already mentioned, but my experience (and those of the dozen-odd people I know who've done it) fell into the 'everything was fine and went normally' camp. Only one person got grapefruit balls from an internal bleed, the rest followed doctor's advice and didn't help their friends move the next day.

I had some blood in the first few loads but that went away by the time the second test came around and it didn't ever hurt.

Would recommend finding an experienced doctor if you have any say in who touches your junk. The one I went to had decades under his belt and did like a dozen of them every Thursday so his spontaneous reversal rate was almost a tenth of the national average.

Make no babby's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

I have my consult appt on Wednesday, is this something I should be asking about?

Doesn't hurt to ask imo. Average at the time was 1:500 and he claimed to be batting 1:4000. It wasn't gonna be the difference between getting me snipped or not but we humans love us some reassuring numbers, I guess.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

National numbers are currently about one in a thousand for spontaneous reversals. If a doctor has been doing it long enough they might know their own stat.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

There's a concerning lack of Nintendo or PlayStation and the like in your list of supplies.