Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I forgot to do my post-op sperm check sample due 1mo after surgery until about a year later… still no swimmers! For me, the most difficult part of the vasectomy process is no longer needing to worry about accidental pregnancies when having unprotected sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Yeah having gone through one it’s pretty hard to shake the fear something will go wrong in the moment.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Yea, no sarcasm. Anxiety over re-experiencing the mess of an accidental pregnancy has been difficult for me to shake, even post-vasectomy. Doing the sperm analysis a year later helped, though.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I had the no-scalpel procedure- no clamps just a couple dissolving stitches that fell off on their own with the scabs.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

Had the doctor secto my vas three days back, and the kicked-in-balls feeling is finally receding. I got knocked out completely for my op because I had a lump that needed removing at the same time. No regrets.
While I think of it- how does this "providing a sperm sample" thing work? I mean, in effect you're arriving at some clinic and declaring "I'm here for the 11 o'clock ejaculation" and that weirds me out.

I had a two hour window for the sample. Produce at home and drive it over to clinic for drop-off.

E: to clarify, I didn’t need an appointment for the after-surgery sperm test. I just had to drop off the sample container in its privacy bag at the clinic within two hours of producing said sample.

The only time I had to do a weird j/o at a clinic in the room with weird old playboys was when we wanted to make kids for reals and I did a “sperm efficacy” test or whatever it’s called. In that scenario they need to see how well your swimmers swim. Post vasectomy, they just want to see if you’re leaking any sperms at all, not how well they swim.

Dicty Bojangles fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 18, 2023