Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

got a non-scalpel done 10 days ago, which I feel is enough to offer my notes:

- the procedure itself was a nothingburger. the doctor small-talked with me about outdoor sports and effectively kept me distracted while he did Who Knows What (while I am a curious person, I am horrible at anatomy and only understand the adjustments in a very vague sense)

- I did not use any Tylenol or ice throughout the entire recovery

- I suspect, but cannot prove, that doing the deed 3.5 days later slowed down my recovery a bit. I searched everywhere online and got conflicting timelines, in hindsight I would just say wait a week.

- went on a walk on day 3. on day 5, went to the beach and walked around, a normal weekend day.

- a bruise developed to the right of the site five days later, which seems to be gradually going away. this can, apparently, be normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU