Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
going in for initial assessment tomorrow, at the planned parenthood. Gonna be paying out of pocket (no insurance) which they say will run about $1100 total. Private urologists were charging $1800+ and that wasnt even no-scalpel. If all goes well, i'll get it done early january

i had never wanted children but when i went at 29, i was told that i was too young and that i'd change my mind. Couple years and one unplanned pregnancy later, still havent changed my mind :D if i see that doctor again im gonna give HIM a vasectomy w the toe of my boot

n8r posted:

My left nut hurt for 3 years after I got one. Look up post vasectomy pain stuff and see how you feel about it.

definitely something to consider, but also keep in mind that someone is more likely to report adverse effects than an uneventful procedure. They do 500,000 vasectomies in the US annually and the official numbers for post-vasectomy pain syndrome are 1-2% .. the real incidence rate might be a little higher, but even still the odds are in one's favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Going in today!!! Not gonna lie, I'm squirming just thinking about it .. I was even thinking about getting it postponed UNTIL I got this message the other day:

i didn't submit any requests for need-based cost reduction so idk if this was in error or is some end-of-year tax chicanery , but I'm not gonna waste this opportunity :hai:

Will report back, gentlegoons

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
All right, well i was really nervous throughout the whole procedure despite taking 10mg Valium. The actually procedure wasn’t too bad, maybe like 3/10 physical pain when they cut the vas deferens and then when they did the electrocautery to seal them off. The pain would radiate up into my stomach, kinda like when you get kicked in the nuts. The mental aspect was by far the worst though, I asked to squeeze the nurses hand and she was kind enough to oblige :shobon:

Took like ten minutes all told and I was chatting w the doctor and nurse throughout. I was shaking and breathing heavy for like an hour afterwards, but that was all just mental stuff.

Very little pain now and I’ll take it easy for the next two days but the doctor encouraged me to listen to my body with regards to the amount of activity I could tolerate. Hopefully I can get back to work on Saturday.

n8r posted:

Back when I looked I found more in the 5-8% range. Too lazy to look now.

I had thought it was 2-3% but the doctor said it was 5%. He considered the incidence rate to be too high (as do I) but he said there was no known risk factors for it. here’s hoping I’m one of the lucky ones 😁

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

What they didn't tell me about getting a vasectomy is that they take a little short piece of the vas and put it on a little bottle and send it to a lab to make sure it's the right tube. Seeing a little piece of my vas in a bottle was cool as hell.

uhhh what? was this recent? ive honestly never heard of this, i thought they just verify that it 'took' w subsequent sperm tests

anyways, I'm happy to say that I haven't been having any issues two weeks out. Soreness lingered for like 4 days but I've been fine since. Zero pain or discomfort and things seem to be working just fine. Hope I didn't jinx myself but looks like I managed to escape the PVPS specter :blessed:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Finally asked my doctor for a referral for one of these. I've got a kid, and only so much financial means to support them, so time to retire my ol' balls.

My GP mentioned out of maybe a hundred people he's referred, zero have run into post-op pain, so that is encouraging. Some places on the internet show it as WAY higher.

edit: vvv lol vvv

Official numbers are like 3-5% which is pretty high from a medical/population standpoint but pretty good odds individually. More concerning to them is that they haven’t identified the reason for the pain or any risk factors.

Keep in mind, you’re more likely to get online and share your experience if it was a bad one, making it seem like the rate of post-vasectomy pain is much higher than it is. people who’ve had uneventful vasectomies with no adverse effects usually don’t talk about it, because why would they? It’s the expected outcome, after all.

Kinda like with finasteride, millions and millions of men take/have taken it with no side effects and don’t talk about it.. it’s only the men who’ve had issues who go online and share their experiences, making it seem like th rate of side effects is higher than it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Anyways I’m happy to report that I’m still doing great, the worst part has been waiting the full 3 months. I was told wait three months AND have 100 ejaculations, and then do the semen test ….. kind of a drag to have to wait this long to reap the benefits of the proecedure but gotta pay the toll if U wanna rock n roll