Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
apparently i have an unusually thick scrotal wall :shrug: so i had to be put under for mine which upped the cost as i required a full surgical suite. out of pocket i paid a thousand bucks but iirc thats more than the whole procedure costs if you get the usual quick snip, normally it's just local anesthetic and they just cut a little hole in your ballsack, pull the cords out enough to cut and suture them, then stuff them back. in and out, done, minimal holes created so minimal recovery time

the recovery isn't too bad, its annoying to have constant ball ache for a few days but this is THE time to pull out the "i got cut for us, pamper me" card on your partner. i just took a couple days off work and spent all day playing video games while my wife brought me poo poo. i even got some slick compression shorts with a ball pocket for an ice pack, i use them when i go hiking. icing your junk on a hot day in the forest is a rare pleasure

your insurance will probably cover it, vasectomies are cheap and definitely cheaper than paying for a birth. i was warned about the permanent ball pain and i too feared that outcome but after a day or two i was fine and after the stiches fell out it was like it never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

My GP mentioned out of maybe a hundred people he's referred, zero have run into post-op pain, so that is encouraging. Some places on the internet show it as WAY higher.

i'd imagine a gaggle of redditors chronically experience ball ache regardless of vasectomy