Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

So I'm being given the option of clips vs sutures. Is there any advantage to either?

I'm thinking clips might feel a little painful if I'm pounding away and my balls are slapping against the misses.

What are these for, the incision on the scrotum itself? Is it a scalpel-less procedure? I didn’t have either, just two tiny little holes that scabbed up on their own

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I was considering a vasectomy at age 36 to relieve my wife of birth control pills, but after talking it over with her she likes how it regulates her periods so...

I wonder if that male birth control pill ever came out?

We will probably not have kids and I've been doing good so far, but you never know.

FWIW I have a baby that was conceived on oral contraceptives. They’re generally very effective but surprises do happen. My procedure was free through planned parenthood and I had zero complications and got percocets afterwards so I whole heartedly recommend it .. Your mileage may vary of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
I got back to work/activity fairly quick, maybe like 2-3 days, and I work as a carpenter so there’s plenty of lifting and stuff. Avoiding heavy lifting is usually only an issue when you have incisions that might bust open, such as with abdominal surgeries and the like. My doc gave me the ok to get back to work after a couple days and just told me to go based on how I felt. No issues here.

Everyone is different but generally you heal quicker with light activity as it gets the blood flowing and the bodily processes moving. Even open heart surgery patients get out of bed and stand up within 24h post surgery.