Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

My lab experience was phenomenally awkward. None of the people there made any eye contact with you, just handed you a cup and nodded over at one of the doors to the private rooms. You step inside and there's a recliner with a plastic sheet over it, and a Roku. No ability to stream anything on it, no wifi with your phone, so no visual stimulation. Afterwards, you hand the cup to the lab lady at the counter who suddenly asks a load of questions and makes uncomfortable eye contact while holding your sample cup and moving it around. The sole person to make eye contact in the entire facility, and it was for that.

Procedure itself was fine though. The two things I remember most were holding onto the buff male nurse's hand while the needle went in, and later on, as the white smoke appeared from the cauterization, I commented ah, yes, a new pope has been elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

My urologist used dissolving sutures, which I liked quite a bit. Are you going to get those?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

How frequent is it that the vas deferens will reconstruct itself? I know that's a possibility but a very rare one. The last thing I want is a surprise.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

When a spontaneous reversal happens, would you notice it in any way, or is it something that you only discover when a pregnancy occurs?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

The only pain specifically from the vasectomy that I ended up feeling was from the ends of the dissolving stitches that poked out and rubbed into my underwear. Outside of that, nothing sore and the incision site closed up very quickly.

I do hear that some men end up with recurring soreness or even pain that lasts chronically, but it's been nearly two years and I haven't noticed a single thing.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

I never experienced that at all, but my urologist had me wait four weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Imagine explaining that one to the officer.