Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Had mine yesterday. No biggie, so far. Sitting in my rear end as much as possible this weekend and back to office work Monday.

I've been basically 24/7 icing (obviously on/off not continuously), though I suspect id be fine at this point am gonna continue as much as possible because oh god do I not want any sort of pain down there.

They did have to do a little uhh, digging, due to a varicocele on one side and that was 80% of my pain. Like five numbs vs one, basically.

Having read the entire thread multiple times beforehand, not sure I expected to be getting hard the night after my surgery. And trying to will it away out of the anxiety that some part of pre cum involves those pathways.

Either way, annoying.

Worrying over nothing though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGann
May 19, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I don't know why, but I've been getting more frequent boners since my surgery, even five weeks after. Might just be a coincidence. The first pee definitely had me anxious, though.

Ejaculating doesn't cause a dull ache anymore, or at least it hasn't in a long while. Still a bit sensitive to touch, though. The incision site doesn't hurt anymore, although there's a tiny bump there which doesn't feel like scar tissue, so I might follow up on that soon.

Hah, the first pee was anxiety inducing. As was the first poo poo, and I can only imagine my mixed feelings about my first ejaculation when I get there.

But day after and no big deal continues, no swelling or pain outside of a dull ache when not iced for a while. I'm bruised all over but was warned about that from the extra work involving the varicocele side.

Thus far, $825 for this (planned parenthood, filed insurance but that's the cost if I pay 100% out of pocket, no adjustments). They threw in the lidocaine for free, bless. ($65 itemized).

Well worth it, would recommend to anyone on the fence.

McGann
May 19, 2003

So, for some more personal experience /anecdotes. Day four, that's how long I lasted before I ejaculated and was terrified I'd gone too soon. Minor soreness. Same for next few days, but within two weeks like nothing had happened.

Now I wait to use my "here for my 1pm splooge collection" line I shamelessly stole from this thread in a few weeks.

Still an a+ would recommend procedure

McGann
May 19, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

In 2 weeks I'm having this done at the VA. I'm a dog walker/pet sitter so I took the weekend off and I'm assuming I'll be fine by the Thursday after to walk a couple of dogs that like to pull. I am nervous about it but mainly because its a new kind of surgery that is being done on my balls. I've had dozens of both out-patient and in-patient surgeries on various parts of my body so this isn't THAT new for me.

All told I believe this is the right decision, partly because I don't want to wait a couple of years and find out its now illegal.

Yep - take the weekend off and you'll be good by then. As with many others in this thread, I felt so good on day 2 I thought I'd take my dog for a brief walk. It went great, no pain on the walk, fantastic to get out and move.

Then about 2 hours later, I cannot remove my bag of peas for more than 5 minutes without deeply regretting my choice.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Nocheez posted:

. I also wasn't completely numb for one of the snips, which sucked.

I'd still do it all over again.

Yeah, while it turns out it's no big deal getting the snip on a varicocele testicle, it does cause significantly more "just a little pressure" lmao. ( I suspect some digging was involved, that's what it felt like)

One side was normal and I didn't feel a drat thing she went to the other side and sweat immediately broke out all over my body and I imagine this is what it feels like before people faint from pain. I didn't but boy was that a unique experience.

Still, outside of my attempt at a dog walk two days in leading to regret, absolutely no problems even with that extra hiccup and as mentioned earlier, easier than some dental work I've had.