Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
My left nut hurt for 3 years after I got one. Look up post vasectomy pain stuff and see how you feel about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

going in for initial assessment tomorrow, at the planned parenthood. Gonna be paying out of pocket (no insurance) which they say will run about $1100 total. Private urologists were charging $1800+ and that wasnt even no-scalpel. If all goes well, i'll get it done early january

i had never wanted children but when i went at 29, i was told that i was too young and that i'd change my mind. Couple years and one unplanned pregnancy later, still havent changed my mind :D if i see that doctor again im gonna give HIM a vasectomy w the toe of my boot

definitely something to consider, but also keep in mind that someone is more likely to report adverse effects than an uneventful procedure. They do 500,000 vasectomies in the US annually and the official numbers for post-vasectomy pain syndrome are 1-2% .. the real incidence rate might be a little higher, but even still the odds are in one's favor

Back when I looked I found more in the 5-8% range. Too lazy to look now.