Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I had my vasectomy done about 7 years ago.

Insurance covered the procedure for a 25 dollar co-pay.

The procedure itself was quick, painless, and not a big deal at all. Getting my ears pierced with a 16 gauge needle when I was a teenager, or getting a tattoo was much more painful than the vasectomy. I've had dental work that was more uncomfortable/painful as well. There was some minor discomfort, as you can still feel some tugging while the procedure is being done, but not a big deal at all. I was pretty numb.

The whole thing took maybe 8 minutes. Drop your pants, lay down on the table, they disinfect the area, and you feel a couple pinches as they numb you up. I had a single incision done, you feel some slight tugging as they fish out and cut the vas, the burning smell is a little off-putting, and then I got a single stitch in the incision to close things up.

I had really no pain after the procedure. I didn't even get the pain meds filled (Doc did give me 50 tramadol if needed), and didn't really use too much ice. The key was to keep tight compression style boxer briefs on. Keep the testicles supported. I switched back to regular boxer briefs after 3 days and that was a mistake. I was a little sore after that but nothing Ibuprofen couldn't handle.

My spouse does not do well with hormonal birth control, and honestly the vasectomy was such a minor procedure it made the most sense for our long term birth control goals. Zero regrets. I've had zero ongoing/chronic pain.

A++ would snip again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU