Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I had my vasectomy done in 2010 and I haven't had a shred of regret. It was paid for in full by some local organization that was donating vasectomies and came right at a time where I had become certain I never wanted kids. There was a short interview with the doctor before he agreed to do the operation.

The procedure was short and didn't hurt at the time. I needed a long weekend to recover. Had a stead rotation of frozen peas to keep the junk cool. Smoked a few bowls.

Something did happen that was a little embarrassing. They gave me some intravenous drug to relax me and BOY HOWDY did it. I'm a rather reserved person but I was full tilt flirting with the nurse while she was shaving my balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Had the doctor secto my vas three days back, and the kicked-in-balls feeling is finally receding. I got knocked out completely for my op because I had a lump that needed removing at the same time. No regrets.
While I think of it- how does this "providing a sperm sample" thing work? I mean, in effect you're arriving at some clinic and declaring "I'm here for the 11 o'clock ejaculation" and that weirds me out.

I was given a jar and was able to take care of business at home. Delivering a jar of jizz to a lady behind a counter does feel kinda weird though.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

two fish posted:

How frequent is it that the vas deferens will reconstruct itself? I know that's a possibility but a very rare one. The last thing I want is a surprise.

If they did what they described for my surgery, it's extraordinarily unlikely. My procedure was explained as 1. Remove section of Vas. 2. Cauterize both remaining ends. 3. Tie ends back away from each other.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The assistant I had was very professional, and ordinary looking. She came into the office at the same time as the surgeon, and her eyes were laser focused on the utility-drape covering my genitals. When the doctor flipped it over to reveal my junk, she kept staring for a couple seconds, then turned away and left, never to be seen again.

I don't know what she was looking for, but I did take it personally.

Oh drat!

*assistant looks at your junk* "Abso-loving-lutley NOT!"

Had you already shaved? My first thought is she came in to shave and didn't need to.