Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

By popular demand posted:

You're not feeling it? YOU'RE NOT FEELING IT?! Well you better start feeling it!

Take it easy mang.

Play Star Trek - Deep Space Nine: The Fallen for ten minutes, good sir! I dare you! :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

sb hermit posted:

Fable (1996) is giving me some real "ms-dos kings quest but svga" vibes. I hope you have fun!

I did a test run for a first update a couple of nights ago and it seems like it's going to be fun. Although inscrutable horse seems to know something that I don't.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I was blissfully unaware of that particular stain on the Trek franchise.

E: did you mean Harbinger? The Fallen seems like a competent if dull action game.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 26, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I was blissfully unaware of that particular stain on the Trek franchise.

E: did you mean Harbinger? The Fallen seems like a competent if dull action game.

I completed an LP of Harbinger a few years ago and it was enjoyable up until the alien planet.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I had a few technical problems with Fable that may be worth watching out for - mainly softlocks at a few points that I was able to avoid by solving the puzzles faster.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Nidoking posted:

I had a few technical problems with Fable that may be worth watching out for - mainly softlocks at a few points that I was able to avoid by solving the puzzles faster.

Are these readily apparent soflocks or ones that come to bite you in the rear end later?

Edit: I'm guessing if you don't gey the item then that is already apparent. By timings do you mean in game time or does some of the puzzles have a set time limit?

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 26, 2022

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I don't think there are any situations where you can be blocked from completing the game without knowing it (despite at least one contemporary review listing one; I discovered that it wasn't true), but most of the deaths in the game don't have death screens, and pressing Escape doesn't always bring up the menu. There was one puzzle (specifically in the interlude between chapters two and three) where I think I took too long, just to see what would happen, and I had to quit DOSBox entirely to get back to a previous save. That may or may not apply to whatever you're using to run it, but definitely save early, save often, and save whatever sanity you can. It won't last long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I did a test run for a first update a couple of nights ago and it seems like it's going to be fun. Although inscrutable horse seems to know something that I don't.

I will note that it's been nearly two decades since I played it, so time might have coloured my perceptions darker than the game deserves :D