Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, we’ve got a Super Bowl that will break the division tie for second place in a Montana/Namath extravaganza! Congratulations to Pain of Mind and Thom and the Heads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Focused, hungry, driven.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
do it for Namath, Pain of Mind. Let's geddit.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I'm trying I'm trying sorry in advance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Very close matchup in the Super Bowl. I wonder if not playing the Packers D will be the difference.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Obviously, we have to see what happens with the Bills/Bengals game (as of now they're not playing it this week) as Pain of Mind is playing Joe Burrow as his QB. I know there are more important things, but we will see what happens.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I have sent a championship resolution proposal to both Pain of Mind and Thom and the Heads for the Super Bowl. But I do think we need an official rule in place for next year (voting for it of course). We thought it would happen more in the COVID year, but anything is possible.

My thought is that we have a rule that says if a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. It obviously sucks for those who have players in those games, but barring some sort of substitution rule (for example, your highest bench player that qualifies for the position gets the points), it's probably the fairest way to go. But obviously, I'd love to hear what you all think.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I've spoken to both Pain of Mind and Thom and the Heads and while the situation is really weird and odd, I'm proud to announce that BOTH teams are co-champions for Season 14 of the 20 Team league! Congratulations to both of them! Please let me know if you want the 20 team championship gang tag, and if so, I will ask.

I'm not sure if I can set it up that way for ESPN but in the official hall of records, I'll make the adjustments.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

congrats all!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ggs!! I will miss my Mahomes/Kelce stack very dearly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thom and the Heads posted:

ggs!! I will miss my Mahomes/Kelce stack very dearly.

At the time you made it easy for me to get Swift and Mandrews but man that didn’t work out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Congrats winners! I'm glad my sucky season made it easier for you to have the win. You're welcome.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Congrats to the co-champions!

Silly Burrito posted:

My thought is that we have a rule that says if a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. It obviously sucks for those who have players in those games, but barring some sort of substitution rule (for example, your highest bench player that qualifies for the position gets the points), it's probably the fairest way to go. But obviously, I'd love to hear what you all think.

Alternate suggestion: players who were in the cancelled game are assigned their projected points for the week.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

Trying to avoid a situation where someone just gets blown out if they have 4 players in a cancelled game - What if the win projection is anywhere between 5-95% (or whatever people decide) it is a draw, while if it is outside of that the favored team wins? Figure a p=value of 0.05 or lower (essentially a 5% or less chance at the event happening randomly) is generally what is seen as significant scientifically, so why not just apply that here.

Alternatively, you could always replace the projection with the players average/median games or whatever if we don't trust ESPNs projection calculations. Figure it is such an unlikely event odds are it will not come up again, so it is not like we are going to need to be cranking away in the math mines every year (plus it would take literally 30 seconds in the slim chance it happens). If that is the case and the game is stopped mid-progress, you might as well pro-rate any projected points that were scored. I see that ESPN wiped the points from the game since it was cancelled, if I had Boyd and was down by 1 it would be kind of annoying to have gone from literally won during the game as it was played to lost by the points just getting deleted afterwards.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 6, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Congrats 20-team winners!

Kinda makes sense for a league double the size to have twice as many champions anyway right?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

Trying to avoid a situation where someone just gets blown out if they have 4 players in a cancelled game - What if the win projection is anywhere between 5-95% (or whatever people decide) it is a draw, while if it is outside of that the favored team wins? Figure a p=value of 0.05 or lower (essentially a 5% or less chance at the event happening randomly) is generally what is seen as significant scientifically, so why not just apply that here.

Alternatively, you could always replace the projection with the players average/median games or whatever if we don't trust ESPNs projection calculations. Figure it is such an unlikely event odds are it will not come up again, so it is not like we are going to need to be cranking away in the math mines every year (plus it would take literally 30 seconds in the slim chance it happens). If that is the case and the game is stopped mid-progress, you might as well pro-rate any projected points that were scored. I see that ESPN wiped the points from the game since it was cancelled, if I had Boyd and was down by 1 it would be kind of annoying to have gone from literally won during the game as it was played to lost by the points just getting deleted afterwards.

I like stuff like this. Using the concept of the p-value and … parametric statistics.

The way this fantasy year ended should cause a mass exodus of fantasy players. But, we all know it won’t. I sure won’t be gone. I’m a sucker.

Congrats to the winners. Namath UP!!!!!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

-

jabro fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 7, 2023

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

EconDad posted:

I like stuff like this. Using the concept of the p-value and … parametric statistics.

The way this fantasy year ended should cause a mass exodus of fantasy players. But, we all know it won’t. I sure won’t be gone. I’m a sucker.

Congrats to the winners. Namath UP!!!!!

I was ready to quit fantasy football (outside of this league) because of the money league I was in with the attached team, but the commissioner went with a split in my team's favor from the projections rather than the final points

CeeDee Lamb is my loving hero, him going off last week helped squeak out a win against the #1 seed

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

still thinking’ about this league. the only long-running league I’ve participated in (granted only like 2 seasons?) that i’ve never won, across 6+ leagues

it may become my white whale

looking forward to ‘23

with new DST scoring goddamn

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

still thinking’ about this league. the only long-running league I’ve participated in (granted only like 2 seasons?) that i’ve never won, across 6+ leagues

it may become my white whale

looking forward to ‘23

with new DST scoring goddamn

2 seasons that you've never won? Pssh, that's nothing.

:smith:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did we used to use GroupMe for our communications? I had to download it recently for kids soccer team communications and in my contacts were a bunch of old school people from this league. I do not remember using it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

We used it for a fish bowl league one time.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ah, that explains the fish bowl thread in there too. Thanks!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Aaron Rodgers has been a top 5 fantasy QB for a while now. But does anyone really trust the output of the QB of the New York Jets? :barf:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Aaron Rodgers has been a top 5 fantasy QB for a while now. But does anyone really trust the output of the QB of the New York Jets? :barf:

I don’t trust Aaron Rodgers in this league at all. Been burned way way way too many times in the playoffs.

2 points my rear end.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t trust Aaron Rodgers in this league at all. Been burned way way way too many times in the playoffs.

2 points my rear end.
He's not as bad as Kirk.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Going to bump this in anticipation of starting a new Season 15 thread at the end of June. If anyone not in this league wants to get on the waitlist, let us know as it's always a blast. If anyone has a good season 15 thread title, please feel free to suggest one.

For season 15, here are the proposals.
:siren: :siren: :siren:Don't vote on them now, we will vote in next year's thread. - :siren: :siren: :siren:

PROPOSALS FOR SEASON 15 (simple majority wins)
1. Remove the TE slot and replace it with a flex position (yes/no)
2. Trades will need (2 days/8 veto votes, 1 day/8 veto votes, instant/no veto votes) to process.
3. Remove the punter position (yes/no)
4. Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring (example here) (yes/no)
5. Remove DST and add one IDP position in its place. (yes/no)
6. If a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. (yes/no)
7. If #4 passes, eliminate negative points in the D/ST position (but keep all other standard scoring). (yes/no)
8. Remove DST, add nothing to replace it (yes/no)

If you have a legit proposal that you want to have us vote on in next year's thread, please add it below with Vote Proposal: I propose we....

I'll probably start a new thread at the end of June like this one was, so there's no rush, but just wanted to give all of you a heads up. See you all soon!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 5, 2023

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Vote Proposal: I propose we.... kill the punter position and remove from the league the person who suggested it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

jabro posted:

Vote Proposal: I propose we.... kill the punter position and remove from the league the person who suggested it.

Don’t be shy jabro. You can mention me by name.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

And here I was going to suggest we add a flex DST spot so we can start a second kicker / punter / DST (a total of 4 with 1 of each)

I'm not sure if I'm joking or not

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

EconDad posted:

I am Spartacus

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

pmchem posted:

I am Spartacus

Punt city superstars.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well we're not gonna remove anyone, not even Spartacus, but if you truly want to remove punters as a proposal, jabro, we can.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Quote is not edit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Wait, I thought I was the one who brought it up?

I was definitely for it and It was a fun experiment but I won't be upset if it gets voted down this year.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Wait, I thought I was the one who brought it up?

I was definitely for it and It was a fun experiment but I won't be upset if it gets voted down this year.

Yeah! Maybe it was you! GET HIM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Yeah! Maybe it was you! GET HIM.

EconDad you bastard, I fell right into your trap!