Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Thanlis posted:

Jay vs. MJF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I had a stab, but I've never watched NJPW so I'm just going by how much I like the sounds of some of these names. Probably predicted way too many AEW wins, because they feature people I've heard of.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i am going to win

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

who were the other 2 who picked the Factory?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have never been less confident in my predictions before.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends it's time for another AEW prediction game!

Here is the link to the form - https://forms.gle/PhzQEgEeWmqA6hFM7

For reference: "main card/show" means stuff that's on the PPV proper, not the Buy-In or whatever the free stuff on youtube is counted as!

I went a little light on props since I just wasn't feeling it for a lot of matches, and just allowed mostly open-ish predictions that I can wait to check until after the show ends. But don't worry there's always Draft Kings if you really need your weird props fix!

Tell me some other dream matches you want to see that we didn't get this time.

Sorry Ice Phoenix but my daughter can't play the prediction game. She's not allowed to post in here according to Jeffrey of YOSPOS since she's under 13. But she will still be watching the ppv with me tomorrow she says. She doesn't seem that upset other than wondering who snitched her out. I told her I don't think its like that

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

Sorry Ice Phoenix but my daughter can't play the prediction game. She's not allowed to post in here according to Jeffrey of YOSPOS since she's under 13. But she will still be watching the ppv with me tomorrow she says. She doesn't seem that upset other than wondering who snitched her out. I told her I don't think its like that

filling out a google form isn't the same as posting, technically

i think we all know of at least one person who always fills these out even though they aren't allowed to post here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

filling out a google form isn't the same as posting, technically

i think we all know of at least one person who always fills these out even though they aren't allowed to post here

Eh nevermind - don't wanna risk it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shard posted:

Eh nevermind - don't wanna risk it

someone entered as their cat by having their cat decide based on their reaction to everything, you can certainly just do an entry that says "Shard's Daughter" and nobody will care

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 25, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I will care if Shard's daughter beats me. I would demand that she regs an account to be permabanned immediately.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

She doesn't want to so we'll respect her choice

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Shard posted:

Hope you both enjoy the pape. We'll try to not destroy ourselves with slapfights before she can post legally

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Hope you both enjoy the pape. We'll try to not destroy ourselves with slapfights before she can post legally

By the time she's old enough, PSP will only have a single stickied thread with a single post that says "I am karmicknight, mod of mods, look upon my posts ye goons, and despair" and everything else will have been gassed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shard posted:

Yeah that's cool, just wanted to make sure she wasn't worried about repercussions or whatever if she did want to play :) Hope you both have fun!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Too late to choose Makabe for ZSJ’s opponent?

Edit: he’s busy.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Sticky Nate posted:

who were the other 2 who picked the Factory?

I haven't watched NJPW in awhile so I'm informed things may have changed, but I can't in good conscience predict Goto and YOSHI-HASHI to win anything

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SG Bamboo posted:

Shoutouts to the person that picked NOAH superstar Timothy Thatcher as Zack's mystery opponent

it wasnt me but i 1000% want timmy in bcc more than anyone else

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

very excited to be wrong

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maduo posted:

I haven't watched NJPW in awhile so I'm informed things may have changed, but I can't in good conscience predict Goto and YOSHI-HASHI to win anything

It may be hard to believe but after years of not doing it Yoshi-Hashi suddenly started trying a couple of years ago and became one of the better workers in CHAOS, to the point where I can say without too much hyperbole that he carried Goto and Ishii during their 6-man title reign. He just cared so much about keeping the first title he ever won, which in turn made the fans care about belts that had been a joke for their entire existence.

graph posted:

it wasnt me but i 1000% want timmy in bcc more than anyone else

It's a bit more likely than I first thought, I assumed NOAH had shows this week but he doesn't have to be back in Japan until July 2nd, so keep on believing friend

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 26, 2022

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I would like to change my pick for ZSJ’s opponent to another technical wrestler with close ties to Regal: Eugene.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I agree that Yano needs a match.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Crapple! posted:

I thought my hail Mary guess was tana beating Mox. Turns out it was betting on the young bucks. In hindsight that was a bad guess because I can totally see dudes with attitudes winning and then setting up bucks vs Darby and sting for the Tag titles.

the beezys just got strapped up brother theyre not gonna do the job for at least three months theyre gonna get hikuleo to kick everyone in the dick or something and then kick them all in the head with a superkick

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this thread is hubris

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Maduo posted:

this except QT marshall

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinwiz11 posted:

I agree that Yano needs a match.

New BCC member baby

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

New BCC member baby

I put that down on my predictions 🔮

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Anyone have a good toru yano match they could link? I've always wanted to see his gimmick in action, comedic constantly cheating little weird dude is my impression and that's my kind of guy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nea posted:

Anyone have a good toru yano match they could link? I've always wanted to see his gimmick in action, comedic constantly cheating little weird dude is my impression and that's my kind of guy

I don't have anything that isn't behind the NJPW pay wall but if you can find his matches with Kenny Omega or Minoru Suzuki, I think those are the best guys he plays off.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

^His Suzuki matches work best when you watch a bunch of their G1 matches. The theme every year is "how will Yano find a way to outsmart Suzuki this year?"

Nea posted:

You'll need an NJPW World subscription for this:

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00490_33_09

Yano was apparently a pretty good amateur wrestler back in the day, but he doesn't seem to be able to do a proper long-form match any more. The closest you'll get to what you've asked for would be back in 2013 when he was built up as a challenger to KENTA in NOAH, and those really were the weakest part of a reign that had some pretty solid defences.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Nea posted:

Yano vs Colt Cabana is one of his best matches and it's all weird cheating, essentially laid out as a mirror match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATQ-fmduMQ

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fez_machine posted:

Yano vs Colt Cabana is one of his best matches and it's all weird cheating, essentially laid out as a mirror match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATQ-fmduMQ

lol dumb stupid crap done well is awesome

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nea posted:

Here's Toru Yano vs. Jon Moxley

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That feeling when you realize that your prediction for shortest match of the night is probably going to be off by at least 5 minutes.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
My dream match is Toru Yano vs Luther

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Now that NJPW has a working relationship with GLEAT and has used CIMA several times, they should finally bring StrongHearts back to AEW.

My dream match would be StrongHearts vs Death Triangle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChrisBTY posted:

That feeling when you realize that your prediction for shortest match of the night is probably going to be off by at least 5 minutes.

it was hard for me to come up with a good answer when I was filling out my own predictions which tells me it was a good question :v:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to see reDRagon vs Aussie Open, and specifically Kyle O'Reilly vs Kyle Fletcher in a battle of weird Kyles

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm sure this time I'm not in the bottom 5 at least.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Penguin Patrol posted:

I'd like to see reDRagon vs Aussie Open, and specifically Kyle O'Reilly vs Kyle Fletcher in a battle of weird Kyles

Sorry, Kyle is on the injury list with bruised balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Thanks for running this!